Friday, August 1, 2008

CD #8: Reiki, anyone??

So this has been a really long week. It's hard to go back to work after a week long vacation of not working. So needless to say I am totally ready for the weekend. I. Am. Exhausted! Could it also be from all the extra hormones I have been injecting for the past 3 nights? It very well could be.

I work with an amazingly wonderful person. She has helped me through so much for the past 6 months or so. She has been my shoulder to cry on and someone that I can also vent to. She knows just what to say and when to say it. She truly is a Godsend. I think she was put in my life for a special purpose. She is a Sister with the Daughters of Charity. (I will refer to her as Sister M from now on) She is our Community Liason within our agency. Sister M also goes to one of our local shelters and provides massages for the men once a week. She is wonderful! Well, the other day Sister M came to me and asked if I had been doing anything other than the injections for the IUI. I wasn't really sure what she meant and she said she was wondering if I would like for her to do Reiki either right before my next IUI or while I am doing my IUI. I had never heard of Reiki so she explained. Basically it has to do with spiritual energy and healing. (I never knew she practiced this and she had never really talked about it) If you want to know a little more information click http://holisticonline.com/reiki/hol_reiki_home.htm. (Sorry, I dont know how to do shortcuts to links without copying the whole thing, if someone can help me out that would be cool. Im a little computer illiterate when it comes to that)

So...Sister M brought me some pamphlets and apparantly she can do this healing touch without me even being present. She said all she has to do is know when I am going in to do the procedure and she will make some quiet time during that and do Reiki. I dont have the money to do accupuncture, so Im thinking why not? Has anyone else ever heard of this? She says she has done it for people on several occasions when they have something important or stressful going on in their lives. Im all for anything that might possibly destress me. So Im thinking this could be kind of interesting. Let me know, anyone have any thoughts about this?

Sunday is the first big u/s after 5 days of injections. Im getting a little nervous. I still have my Cetritide from the last cycle that I didnt have to use and Im really hoping I dont have to use it this time. I will have to use it if my body is trying to ovulate too early. It's also something that I actually have to mix together myself (which is scary) and the needle is longer and a bit bigger. So Im praying my body will cooperate and not try to do something it isnt supposed to do yet. Im sure I have a greater chance with the upped dosage this cycle, but Im hoping for the best.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm interested in this Reiki thing...

Mel said...

I guess I don't know much about the practice of Reiki, but I think that any extra positive "vibes" sent your way during the IUI couldn't hurt, right?

We'll be thinking of you...and sending happy, BFP vibes of our own. :)