Thursday, August 21, 2008

Words Cant Express My Gratitude

I have the most wonderful people in my life. I swear they are the greatest and Im really not sure what I would do without them in it. Everyone has been wonderful since AF arrived on Monday. I still wasnt the greatest on Tuesday, but I was getting better. Well, if you read a couple posts back, I talked about our homeless rat that has been staying with a coworker, who is one of the street guys who had to go in the hospital. Well, she is still with us at least until tomorrow. She has been my therapy this week. Every morning I go into work and the first thing I do is go and see her and she is there to greet everyone with such enthusiasm. She is the sweetest thing ever, I swear. And she really is a pretty rat (if that's possible...). But she is full of love and affection and will show it as soon as you let her out of her cage. So that has helped out a lot.

Tuesday, I was out of my office most of the day running around town with a coworker doing stuff with/for clients. Well, when I got back that afternoon, sitting on my desk was a wonderful arrangement from a store in our town called Cookies by Design. It was from my best friend. It had three huge flower cookies with one that had a message on it saying that she misses me. And then a card along with it that had a wonderful message from her. I love her so much and I wish that she were back here in e-ville. She will definitely be closer here in a couple months!

Wednesday evening, I met up with an old coworker of mine who just recently left our agency for another agency. We had Chinese and we talked about everything. She has been such a great friend when I have needed her. And she has followed me along this journey because we have been pretty close. She was also my Supervisor when I did my internship with our agency back in the fall of 05'. She has been the one that I go to with all my questions, comments, concerns, complaints, tears, etc. She is also my mentor because she is the best Social Worker ever! It also helps that we are so close in age. Well, when we were done, she insisted that she was going to buy my dinner. I definitely was not expecting that. She is so awesome!

Today, when I get to the office on my desk is a little bag. It was from Sister (the one who does the Reiki). She gave me a wonderful card, which really made me cry, again, and also a Wi.ll.ow T.ree ornament for Courage (which is one that I have been wanting). So thoughtful and wonderful.

Then, I get home tonight and check my mail and sitting on my front porch is a box. Hmmm. And it is from B. **Really, B, you did not have to do that, but you are definitely thoughtful and I love you for that! It was very very sweet of you to do that and I will definitely enjoy all of it!** For everyone else, B got me some fun smell good bath stuff and some candy :). She is so awesome!

So I have truly been blessed by everyone around me. I love them all so much and it has lifted my spirits more than you can possibly know. There are also a few family members that have been totally awesome the past couple of days in helping me get back out of my rut. I also got to spend some quality aunty time with my niece and nephew on tuesday. So I have really been trying to keep myself pretty busy this week and it's worked to keep my mind off of this whole thing.

Now it's time for hubby and I to take a break from treatments. There is just no way that we can afford to go on to a third cycle at this time. He wants to, but has finally figured out that we really need to pay off some debt before we do this again. So hopefully in no more than 6 months we will be back on our path, unless something were to happen between now and then. But until then, we are just going to have lots of fun ;). I have also decided that I am not going to go back on BCP because it totally defeats our purpose. I know, my endo will come back more quickly if I dont, but Im done with it. No more pills!!!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Having a strong support system makes such a huge impact on ones life. I'm really happy you have one. Keep us posted

Faith said...

Glad things are looking up. Enjoy your hormone-free time!

I Believe in Miracles said...

I'm SO glad you're getting such wonderful support around you. It makes SUCH a difference.

Keep us posted... we wouldn't want you to drop off the face of the earth for 6 months during your break. You'll be missed if you do!!

Mel said...

I’m so glad that you have such wonderful people in your life…what a blessing! I LOVE the Will.ow Tree figurines and ornaments SO much! What a wonderful, thoughtful gift.

I feel you on the whole financial issue of IF. It is NOT right. The system is beyond broken when women like you and I can’t “afford” to start a family.

And as everyone else has said, please continue to post during your hormone-free phase, OK? I’d be beyond sad if I didn’t have updates on Blaze and you! *hugs*