Friday, August 15, 2008

To Post or Not to Post...That Really Is the Question

I really dont have a whole lot to discuss this evening. Life has been pretty boring the past couple of days. I havent really been able to enjoy my deck just yet since I havent been home most nights, but I bet you that I will this weekend! Im extremely glad it's the weekend. This week was long and it was exhausting. Now, Im just counting down the days...

Which brings me to my question. Im in a dilemma. There are several people that know exactly what is going on with hubby and I at this moment and also know that we should have an answer very soon to this cycle. I think I brought this up back in June, but Im bringing it up again because Im not sure what to do. I also have several people that read my blog, which are family (mainly my SIL and a couple cousins) and a couple select friends. However, Im not sure that I want people to know my results right away. So, do I just not post the results and keep everyone in the actual blogging world ripping their hair out in suspense? (hehe) Or do I just go to invite only and keep out a few select people that I actually see down here in Southern Indiana? Oh complication. Hubby and I havent really discussed it this cycle. My biggest fear is that it will be positive, lots of people will know, and then something will happen. I mean, it will only have been 2 weeks. Yeah, I dont know. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

So Ive been feeling decent. Im a little tired, but I think it's just because it's the end of the week. Ive been peeing a lot, but I think it's only because of the shitload of Gatorade I have been drinking. Im still bloated, I know that. Now Im just nervous, and hoping that every little "symptom" means something. I really think I might make myself nuts waiting until Wednesday. However, Im taking my SIL's advice and refraining from POAS until after my blood test. Then of course I will either have to take a picture when I do pee, or save them until 6 or more months down the road when we have paid off some bills.

Is it a bad thing that I have virtually given up all hope of conceiving w/o the help of a third party? I think it is. We just tried for so long, it's hard to believe that if it doesnt happen this time with the help of medicine, that it would happen with us by ourselves. It might be crazy, but that's really hard to shake. It's also really hard just thinking about it. And if we do try ourselves, my endo will begin to come back very soon which will cause me to probably have to have another surgery. Damn, this sucks!

3 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

That is a BIG dilemma. Hmm. I avoided this completely by creating an anon blog and not telling ANYONE (except hubby who I've asked not to read) about it.

I've seen people post results and then ask any family reading the blog not to say anything. I'm not sure how well that works.

Personally, I'd love to know whatever happens. I think the support from fellow bloggers (who, yes would be seriously kept in suspense) would be extreme.

So I'll present 2 other option besides private blog and not posting - 1. Create a separate blog and tell the IFers about it, and not the family. 2. I'd be happy to post results on my blog and you can collect comments from them.

I hear you on the losing hope about the third party pregnancy (ok that sounded weird). It's hard for me to even imagine getting pregnant in my own house. How sad are we. Although I do know people who had trouble their first time (one with endo) and got her 2nd without any help, but no one I know has gone as far down the road as we have at this point. Darn.

Ok. Sorry for the downer ending to this LONG comment. Hope this is it for you!! Sending HUGS and PRAYERS.

Anonymous said...

Dilemma suggestion = yes to anon blog or invite only but (you can trust me) fellow IFer

3rd Party = no shit I feel like that too. But I have heard that situations can change inside your body post baby. Although if you have 5 kids....do you really want more? ;)

-B

Anonymous said...

Hey I think that you should do what you want. The people will find out sooner or later. I just think it would be hard keeping it a secret after everything that you have been through. But do what you want. Although I would really love to know (HAHA). I am a good secret keeper (LOL).