Tuesday, August 5, 2008

CD #12: What Happens Next??

Well....the nurse decided to wait until the very end of the day today to give me a call back. I was extremely worried because we have come this far and to cancel the IUI's would just be craziness. However, I do understand the concern. With that said, I will be going in around 11:30 tomorrow to have my first IUI for this cycle done!!!! WHOO HOO!!!! Then Thursday I will be back in to have the 2nd one done. So, lets go back to the beginning shall we??

So when the nurse walked in the door she asked how I was feeling. Which they do pretty much every time. I am feeling a little bloated and full at this point. So she then says, "well, I would definitely think so with all those little guys in there". (I think this is the most she has talked to me at one time) So she's measuring all of my little follies and when she is done she says, lets have a look at the measurements. Well, on my left ovary I have one follie that is around a 20/21 and then another one that is about a 15. Then on my right side I have 3 follies that are 19, 19, and 18 with one more at about a 16. So, lets just say if one of these cute little follies dont evolve into something more, I will definitely scream.

Well, we are talking about how good they all look and that I will definitely be having the IUI's soon and the nurse says she needs to inform me of something. Basically if the Dr. would have decided that my risk of having multiples was too great after looking at my u/s and my b/w (we're talking 3,4,5 multiples) then he might cancel the cycle. Yes, I started to tear up. I appreciate her telling me this ahead of time so that when she called (if that was the outcome) I wouldnt be in total shock. However, it was rather upsetting. So I kept my fingers crossed all day long and apparantly it worked because that was the first question she asked me when she called me back. Then she said it definitely paid off :)

Yes, Im pretty excited right now. Because seriously, with that many follicles ready to go I would think that we would get SOMETHING out of them. And if we dont, well, we will cross that bridge if/when we come to it. So now it's time to stock up on HPT. I used my last ones with the last cycle. Ive been doing pretty good not buying them like crazy, until now. Until next time!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Sounds like you are going to get pg this cycle. I hope I can follow you along. :( Hope you don't get sick of me.

Bon

I Believe in Miracles said...

Good luck!! Crossing fingers for you and sending you lots of Baby dust!!