Wednesday, August 13, 2008

For Your Viewing Pleasure

So...I promised that when the deck was done, I would post pictures! Well, they came Tuesday morning to start...and they finished Tuesday afternoon! Whoo hoo!! Now all we have to do is treat and stain it! It's much bigger than our last deck, which is what we wanted of course, but now we have room to put our grill on it, and also a high bar type table. That will have to be next year though...money is running a little tight.

This is a straight on view from our back yard. I love this deck by the way if you couldnt tell :) The storm door is also going to be replaced next year, hopefully! It's old fashioned and needs updating!

To the left of the steps we are just going to put some white rock I think with a couple plants. We cant put too much there because our hose box will also be there.

Oh yes...we will be putting lattice around the bottom of the deck so that it's not open. The kicker, our crawl space is right next to the deck, which is also where the stairs were that we semi-busted up. We also plan to do landscaping around the side and the front of the deck. This will all have to wait of course...money. And Blaze decided he needed to be in the picture :)

So this is the new deck! Im very happy with it. Hubby definitely is too. Yes, we need to mow. :)

So while I had my camera out, I had to take a picture of our walkway that we did this spring. It turned out really well. The pavers were already there, but there were a bunch more because he (the owner before us) had just laid them out together to make a sidewalk. There was no seperation. This is definitely much better! Blaze wanted to be in the picture again...oh yeah, the dead grass spots, those are from Blaze's pee. I swear it's got some kind of acid or something in it.

And finally....this is my Hyacinth Bean vine. It's just green right now, but here before too long it will start blooming with purple pods, purple flowers, and the backs of the leaves will be a real dark purple. This was the first year that I planted it because I just got it from a coworker, but I hear that it's beautiful! I will take more pics later when it turns. And it's actually growing up my gutter as of tonight...craziness!! However, if your pets like to eat your plants...this would not be a good one to have.

So...that's that! It's going to be really nice to have this new deck and not worry about possibly falling through or off the steps. :) Haha! On the whole fertility thing...still feeling bloated with little twinges of cramping, but nothing major. I am now 7 dpo. Testing next Wednesday...yikes! I have to admit, I am a little bit scared. Im also very impatient right now...because I just want to know, dangit! I might cheat and POAS.

3 comments:

Alison said...

hey- the deck looks fantastic! and don't you love how the list of things to do to the house seems to get longer by the day? oh the joys of homeownership :)

I Believe in Miracles said...

Your deck looks spectacular!! I love it. The walkway and plants are gorgeous too. So fun. It's nice to see a bigger green lawn. Everything here in Boston is very small until you get out of the city. I think I'd totally live out there on the deck a lot.

House owning definitely has those $ and want to do things. I've started painting our guest room (and then need to pull up carpet)... it just seems like the list of things to do never ends.

Still hoping for you this cycle!!
**BIG HUGS**

Mel said...

The new deck looks great...even better with Blaze standing next to it! :) Hopefully you will have nice fall weather in your part of the country so you can enjoy lots of days/evenings out on the deck!

I was also really happy to hear that this cycle has gone well for you so far! I'm not sure how you IUI/IVF girls do it...the wait would KILL me! You deserve some type of award for your patience.

Hang in there girlie...you've been in my thoughts lately. *hugs*