Wednesday, August 6, 2008

CD #13: One down, One to go

IUI #1 was done today. I started to get the feeling at one point that my cervix was really not going to cooperate with us. I was supposed to start the procedure around 11:30, they didnt call me back until almost 11:45. Then, hubby and I got to wait for the nurse until at least 12. It's really not fun when you are sitting there with just a thin sheet over your lap. It tends to get a little bit chilly.

So the nurse had some trouble threading the catheter again this cycle. Luckily, my Dr. was actually in the office with his wife who is the Nurse Practitioner. So, when she came in she sent the nurse to get another instrument (as Im laying there with my legs wide open and a speculum inserted into my goods). So the nurse comes back a couple minutes later with, oh yes, forceps (i think that's the spelling). You know it's a slight problem when they have to bring in the forceps. I mean really...come on. Of course she then had to readjust the speculum to get the forceps in and then we finally had success. By this time, it was like 12:15. I am so incredibly thankful that my Dr. was down here today and not in Indy. I do believe that the Nurse Practitioner is going to be doing my IUI again tomorrow just in case. Hopefully we dont have to pull out the forceps again because dangit, those gave me a little bit of cramping (on top of the pinching you already have). And then of course I get the nice plastic sponge shoved in that has to stay in for 3-4 hours.

Sorry if that was a little graphic, but dang, it was a little painful today. I should be ovulating tonight and then I will go back in tomorrow around 10:30 to do the whole process over. Come on little sperm!! Swim, swim, swim to those nice mature eggs!!! :) This is short, Im tired, goodnight!

5 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

Yuck!! That doesn't sound fun AT ALL. They had trouble the last time I was there, but not quite that bad. I've always had to wait a long time for my dr (or whoever is on call). I think it's mostly just a dr. thing. Good luck with #2!!

Mel said...

I think "Making Your Patients Nervously Wait 101" is the first course they teach in med school. :) Wishing you the best of luck on IUI #2! *hugs*

Faith said...

Ugh, sorry that wasn't a pleasant experience. Here's hoping tomorrow is MUCH better. 8-8-08!

Mel said...

(Sitting over here tapping my foot...) I can hardly wait for an update! I hope and pray everything went like clockwork for you today! :)

The Rebound Girl said...

Good luck and lots of baby dust to you and yours.