Friday, August 8, 2008

CD #15: The Wait Begins

Hello to all! Sorry I didnt update yesterday! It was a late night with teaching colorguard. So on with the news...well, I guess that's what you would call it. Yesterday went alright I guess. They had to call in reinforcements yet again. The Nurse Practitioner tried once after readjusting the nice speculum twice, said she made me bleed a little, which apparantly is not uncommon considering how much they had to do on Wednesday. So, after she could not get it the first time she called for backup. My hilarious Doctor (her husband).

I think he is very good at making light of an intense situation. When he came in he asked the nurse to hand him his hockey gloves *haha*. So then he proceeds to tell me about a joke he played on one of his patients quite a few years ago (because he coached hockey and knew her husband, who was a hockey player). He said he had a hockey glove hidden behind his back when he came in to do the procedure and he thought he was going to get kicked. Can't say that I would blame her! :)

Well, on with the procedure we go. Of course once he was seated and ready the speculum just had to be adjusted yet again, however, he used the nice forceps also (I think that's what they were). So he then begins to make small talk...awkward much?? And I cant help but laugh, which really doesnt feel good, and my DH is cracking up beside me also. Really glad we could find the situation so hilarious. So my doctor then tells me that he has to 'reposition' everything. Okay, so by everything you mean the speculum right? HAHA...that would have been too easy. Oh yes ladies, he repositioned the goods, meaning my cervix and my uterus. Can we say major, major uncomfortable cramping?? I wanted to be sick to my stomach. However, he did give me fair warning (you will feel some cramping right about....now). And then, the specimen was in! Didnt feel that thankfully. Then I get another commentary (the cramping will stop right about....now), and it did. Can we say OUCH!!!! I was extremely thankful when I could just lay there without anything hanging out of my whoo ha.

I warned my doctor that for all of that, I better get pregnant this time! He just laughed and said that's what we want too. So mind you on top of all of the cramping I was already feeling extremely bloated and gassy due to ovulating, so my biggest fear was that something was going to escape at the worst possible time. Thankfully, it didnt! :) haha. I think my DH was hoping that it would just so he could make fun of me for it later.

Before we left I asked the nurse what my odds for this cycle were. You know, considering I had at least 4 mature follies, possibly 5 or 6, and she said that our chances should be very good. Still not 100%. Both IUI's were successful with the specimen going exactly where it needed to be, definitely ovulated when I was supposed to, and had some great follies. And the Hope returns for the time being.

I go back in on Tuesday to get my Progesterone levels checked and make sure it is where it needs to be and then we wait. We wait until CD #32-35. Which by the way, really, really sucks!! That is a really long time from now. That's actually over 2 weeks. I am really praying this time and trying to keep that hope alive. I really feel like I have been in such a better place this cycle with my emotions and everything. Not sure what the change was, but it's been nice. Im hanging on with everything I have.

The next two days will be occupied with busting up concrete that was under our old deck. That should make it go by a little bit quicker. We will be getting our new deck put in mid-week next week. Im excited! That's our big project for this year. Next year it will be a new roof. Im trying to take it easy tonight as Im still not feeling totally up to par (lots of fullness in the lower midsection...). I probably wont be busting the concrete tomorrow, it will be hubby, FIL, and my brother. I will be keeping the cold drinks coming.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So weird how different RE's are about their procedures. For example, I don't get the "sponge". Also- I don't think any dr. ever gives a 100% statistic, so don't worry about that. My wooha also got pretty beat up. I can't believe you have to wait OVER 2 weeks?!

-B

Faith said...

HOPE. We are cheering for you!!!

I Believe in Miracles said...

I had a speculum adjustment too for my 2nd IUI, but it doesn't quite sound that bad. I am praying some baby dust your way!!
**BIG HUGS**