Monday, November 3, 2008

State Finals!! And updates :)

One more marching season is done. We finished in 6th place at State Finals on Saturday. Not really what we were hoping for (we were hoping at least top 5), but you cant change the judges opinions :) We had a wonderful season! I am so very proud of my girls and all the kids in the band. Im looking forward to a wonderful winterguard season. Oh yes, it starts again, but with just the guard this time....here in a couple weeks. :) Here are some pics from Saturday for your viewing pleasure! Before heading to warmup...we were waiting here for waaay too long. (N, I hope you dont mind I put this pic up, let me know if it's not okay) These are my two techs (that's me in the middle) all decked out in our snazzy suits! Our entire staff had on suits for this past Saturday. We were all pretty spiffy ;) My four upper classmen, who sometimes drive me nuts....but I dont know what I would do without them.

All six of my girls at their final physical warmup of the season. Like I said, it was a great season! We had a blast (most of the time), but now it's on to Winterguard :)

Not feeling the greatest right now. Ive been going to the bathroom like crazy today...and I think I have finally hit a lull in that situation. Other than that, Im feeling a little achy and blah. Hoping it goes away asap. I dont like being sick. Especially since I dont want to take anything to help get me better...just in case.

Im on CD 18 today and hubby is on day 55 of no alcohol. Im so proud of him! Im telling you every time I say that, it makes him sound like an alcoholic, but for those of you who missed my previous post, at my last Dr. visit, I was told to make him do 90 days of no alcohol to see if that helped our situation. If Im not pregnant within that amount of time, I will have to go back on BCP and he will do another SA to see if it helped his morphology or not. Well, BCP until we decide to go through with another IUI. Hubby will then have to do another 90 days of no alcohol if that happens. Lets pray that we have good news by Christmas!! That would be awesome. We shall see.

I just wanted to apologize. I again, was not very good with the ICLW. Marching season is probably not the best time to do that. I will remember that for future reference! I will definitely do better this month. I should have lots more time to post and comment!

This is a really long post...but one last thing. The family I talked about in my last post had started to make a soft spot with me. Well, the end of last week, they were kicked out of the shelter they were staying in because the kids were too out of control and she apparantly was not doing much to try to control them. Also, one of the kids put a book in the microwave, started it, and it caught on fire. They dont know which one it was. It makes me sad more than anything to know that there are so many services that she needed to be hooked up with, but I didnt get the chance to help her with them because she was booted from shelter. All it's going to take is the right person to witness her and the kids interaction and they will probably be taken from her. Which again, makes me sad. She just needed some guidance along with some positive reinforcement for the kids. Im really struggling with the fact that we couldnt get her the services she needed before she was told to leave. The mentality at the shelter is....she's gone, we are happy, it's no longer our problem, but someone else's. Which tears my heart in two.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture is cool with me. I think it is a good picture of all of us. Hope you have a good week off of guard. Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey the pic is cool with me. It is a good pic of us. Have a good time off of guard, and talk to you soon.

Faith said...

It's such a wonderful thing to see someone who cares as much about the people that they serve as you do -- I know it hurts, but it's also an inspiration.

Mel said...

You hot mamas look fierce in your suits! :) Congrats on a great season with your girls.

Does hubby get a special "reward" for sticking to his no-drinking plan? I guess having a baby SHOULD be reward enough for him, huh? Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you guys...