Sunday, November 23, 2008

Im Thankful For...

With Thanksgiving fastly approaching here in a few days, I think that it's important that I take a look around and make a list of all the things that I am truly thankful for. Everything in my life has been filled with negativity since we discovered our Infertility. I have such negative feelings every month because of so many unsuccessful cycles that I need to come out of my slump if only for a moment.

So, without further ado here are a few things that I am thankful for in my life...

1. My husband. He is my best friend and of course, my soul mate. Im not really sure what I would do without him. I say this a lot, but I really would be lost without him around. He has been the rock that keeps me going. He is usually the one that stays strong when we have had another failed cycle. He is there to comfort me and give me my space. He may not always have the answers, but he tries and he tries harder than anyone I know. I love him so much.

2. My Family. This includes my mom, dad, MIL, FIL, sister, brother, SIL's, BIL's. They have been wonderful. They may not always understand what I am going through, but most of the time they do what they can. I know that I can always count on them to be there when I am having a hard time. Without them in my life, I would not be the person who I am today.

3. My Friends. The first one, I have known since my freshman year of high school. Through the years, we have grown closer and closer and I consider her to be my best friend. We have been through a lot together, both good times and bad. We have kept each other company when times have been rough. I wish we could be closer (distance wise). I love you, L.
I met my other best friend my freshman year of college. I dont think either one of us were sure we would get along because we were so different at first glance, but everything worked out wonderfully. I really wish we could see each other more (hopefully I will be up there this weekend!!). No matter how long we go without talking, we can always pick back up where we left off. I am truly grateful for her friendship!

4. My Job. Without my employment, we would not be able to survive! A social worker's salary is definitely nothing to brag about, but it helps pay the bills. And man, do we have some bills now! Im glad that I can say that I have a job where I can truly help those who need it. It's very rewarding and humbling.

5. My Health. Ive hit a couple bumps these past couple of weeks, but they are minor things. All in all, Im pretty healthy (not counting my infertility). My hubby is also very healthy. We really only have our seasonal colds to not look forward to, so that I am thankful for!

6. I have a roof over my head. There are definitely people out there who do not. I work with them every day. Now is the time of year where it's crucial we identify those individuals and make sure they can survive the winter. DH and I are not in jeopardy of losing our wonderful home which is a blessing. We are able to maintain.

7. My life in general. Excluding the infertility piece, I feel blessed to have been through all the good and the bad that have made me what I am today. Without my parents, I wouldnt be here today. Without my husband, life would be incomplete.

That was an odd number, but those are the things that stick out right now. There are so many other things that could be added to this post, but I dont want to ramble :) I will leave it at that for now. And...welcome all ICLW's!!!

15 comments:

Mrs Woggie said...

That is lovely that you can write all of that. We don't have thanksgiving in Australia but it is a nice reminder that I too have things to be thankful for, I need to blow the dust off them and see it more often.

Ive tagged you :D

Elana Kahn said...

It's so nice to hear about what you're thankful for. Even during this time of year, it can be difficult to remember what really matters. Here from ICLW.

Anonymous said...

I love you too M!! I really am thankful for our friendship and for all the things you have done for me over the past almost 10 years!! I can't wait to see you this week/weekend! Love ya!

Mel said...

What a wonderful list! :) I really love this idea...it's too easy to forget all that we HAVE been blessed with sometimes. Thanks for the reminder. *hugs* (I thought for sure Blaze would be in there somewhere...maybe #8?!)

Kristin said...

What a wonderful list of things to be thankful for. Good luck with the continued attempts to conceive.

ICLW

Anonymous said...

That is such a good idea to put down things for which you are thankful for. Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving and wishing you all the best for your upcoming cycle. :)

Amy said...

That's a great list. I think it's so important to stop and count what you are thankful for.

ICLW

..al said...

It makes a huge difference when we openly acknowledge our blessings! Peace!

nh said...

What a good list of things to be thankful for.

ICLW

IdleMindOfBeth said...

Wonderful post. It's definitely the time of year to reflect on our "haves", and you've made yourself a lovely list!

ICLW

Faith said...

Great post. We all have so much to be thankful for -- thanks for the very thoughtful reminder. Happy Thanksgiving!

Erin said...

ICLW, Happy Thanksgiving. Sometimes it is hard to see the good we have in our lives with IF. This is a nice post of all the good things you have going on. Although IF is a huge cloud, sometimes there is still sun.

All the best on your journey!

alicia said...

those are some lovely things to be thankful for, thanks for sharing!

here from iclw

Stacie said...

What a great list of things to be thankful for in your life! I hope you had a wonderful turkey day!

ICLW

Zoe said...

That's such a lovely post. I sometimes get far too wrapped up in the negatives and forget how lucky I am really.

I hope you're feeling better and that your sickness has gone away