Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's Official...One Lovely Kidney Infection For Me

My predictions were correct. At about 3 this morning I woke up with a pretty severe pain in the middle of my back on my left side. I could not go back to sleep because I couldnt get comfortable with the pain. I went into the living room with my heating pad hoping that would help, but it didnt, at all.

Hubby and I went into the urgent care first thing (about 8) and the pain was steadily increasing. They did a pee test and ruled out a bladder infection. The doctor did some pushing and thumping on my bladder and back (right where it was hurting, ouch). Oh yeah, they also did a pregnancy test just in case...BFN. Big shocker there. Next came a little blood drawing from the finger. My white blood cells were above what they should be and a couple other things were elevated, so the doctor said he was going to give me a shot. Right in the bum.

While waiting for the nurse to come back in for the shot, my pain was steadily getting worse. While of course, I was fighting the urge to pee. By the time she came back in, I was in tears. She tried to tell me the shot wouldnt be bad. It was definitely not the shot I was worried about. Im a pro at those! The crappy thing was I had to wait for 20 minutes before I could leave the doctor after my shot. They had to monitor me to make sure I didnt have a bad reaction.

We then drove our way to the T.arg.et pharmacy. By the time we got there, I couldnt hardly stand up. Sitting down wasnt working for me either. 15 minutes later we are heading out the door to come back home with me almost bawling because I was in so much pain.

Tried to fix something to eat when I got home so I didnt take all my medicine on an empty stomach. 10 minutes later the pain literally made me sick to my stomach. Finally, my medicine started kicking in, probably along with the shot. I was able to get some rest most of today. My back had stopped hurting, but started again around 5 or so. Im ready to be able to take more medicine. I took a pain pill (doctor said it was okay and advised that I take them), so Im feeling okay right now. Im a little nauseous at the present. And my bum hurts :( Other than that, Im alright. Not sure about work tomorrow. Im gonna have to play it by ear. I just cant believe it hit me so fast.

4 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

Yuck!! I'm so sorry. I hope you start feeling better soon.
**HUGS**

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon!! :0(

Melissa Griffin said...

OMG - what was it? Do they know? How are you feelng today?

Melissa Griffin said...

OK sorry... just read that it was a kidney infection - sorry a little slow tonight!
Hope you are feeling better! Take a day from work and relax!