Friday, November 21, 2008

On the Up!!

Im finally beginning to feel better. Yesterday was an upswing and today was even better. Which is a great thing, because we begin our official rehearsals for winterguard tomorrow. Yay! :)

Things have been waaay too quiet around here without me having to do something at least every other night for the past two weeks. Go figure! Especially since hubby is on 2nds. Which, by the way, I do not enjoy at all.

So I am on CD8 today. I know, I started keeping track this cycle. It's our last chance. Yes, our last chance for us to succeed. I really wish that I could refuse to go back on BCP. However, it's inevitable unless I want my endo to come back quicker. Which I have reached my "limit" of time per my doctor for me to be off BCP and not be pregnant to keep it from coming back. We definitely cant afford to to do another IUI right now. It really sucks. I know I have said this several times before.

Im scared. Ive also said this before too. Im scared that we arent ever going to be able to have children of our own. Everyone throws the option of adoption out there like it's so easy (mainly family and friends who dont know any better). Well, if you dont have the money to do it, then no, it's not that easy. Plus, hubby really wont even discuss that option at this point.

So, we wait. Until then, I have to get through the holidays with a couple of babies being ooh'd and aah'd over. I might have to excuse myself at those families for a few minutes. Especially if we do not have any good news of our own to share. Well, actually, if we have good news, we wont be sharing it that soon. But it definitely would make things a whole heck of a lot easier.

Okay, Im rambling. And it's been a really boring post. Really sorry for all you ICLW readers! I promise to post some good stuff in the next few days. Oh...and I need to do a couple of tags! Whoo hoo!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the adoption issue. My DH is not willing to discuss it yet either. It's so frustrating how people just assume that adoption is an easy answer. Besides the money issue, adoption is not a quick or easy answer and there are certainly no guarantees either. I hope that this cycle works for you so that you don't have to go back on BCP's.

Mel said...

Yeah! So happy to hear that you're feeling better. It seems like everyone around me at work is sniffling and sneezing. I've been washing my hands and using alcohol wipes every chance I get! :)

With your natural cycles, do you temp and chart? I found that to be super helpful. (Also a big fan of the sperm-friendly lube.) Just a thought!

The holidays are going to be rough. I agree. Even though we're pregnant, my unfulfilled due date will be December 15th and I'm sure that will evoke all kinds of emotions. We can boo-hoo together if needed, ok? *hugs*

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad... This is what sucky IF is all about and we understand. I am right there with you when people ask abt adoption. It is unbelievable how easy it is for them to say! I am sad to hear that this is your last au' naturale cycle. Here's to hoping that this is your magic cycle. :)
Sending you all the best wishes!
BTW... here from ICLW.