Monday, November 17, 2008

Recooperated...And Now

I. Have. A. Flipping. Cold!!!! WTF!! I dont think I will ever win, at anything. Im not even done taking my antibiotics from my lovely kidney infection and I develop a damn cold. So I had to call my Aunt, the Pharmacist to make sure it was okay for me to take cold medicine with my antibiotic. And of course, it's alright, but I just wanted to make sure for my own sanity.

So, does anyone care for an update on my weekend? Of course you do! My niece and nephew were wonderful. My nephew (1 1/2) was extremely clingy, and I l-o-v-e-d it! Haha, it's amazing really. How I long for those moments when you have a little one following you around the house wherever you go always wanting to be by your side. Never letting you out of his sight. It was fabulous. (H, Im sure you are reading this, so thank you for letting me babysit this weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them) However, they only stayed for one night. I was not up to 100% yet, and my niece wanted to stay with Nana and Papa (my Mom and Dad) for a night, so they went over there on Saturday. Which also brightened up my parents weekend :)

We then had company on Sunday. Hubby's cousin and his wife were in town with the new baby. He is just about a month old. Hubby is a natural by the way as evidenced in the picture below. I could almost see the longing in his eyes when he held baby E and it broke my heart. Knowing that for whatever reason, I cant give him what we both want and long for.
We were very curious to see how Blaze would respond to a baby in the house. He was wonderful!! He was as gentle as could be :) When they first arrived, he just had to sniff to figure out just what was being brought into his house. He only licked him once, and that was on the back of the head. Every other time he would just place his nose right next to his cheek and then go about his business. It just proves that he will be wonderful with a baby in the house! Im sure he will be very protective when the time comes.

That's all for now. I have a tag that I need to do, but it is waaaaaaay past my bedtime. I will never want to get up in the morning! Goodnight! :)

4 comments:

Katie said...

Aww Blaze is so cute! lol. I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend. It sucks that you have a cold but maybe you will get lucky and it will go away fast. :)

Zoe said...

Sorry to hear you have a cold as well. You've had a tough time lately haven't you?

I love the photo of your dog with the baby and the photo with your hubby melts my heart. There is something so special about seeing men holding newborns.

I hope that one day in the not too distant future your hubby will have his own baby to hold.

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun. I know, when I have kids overnight it sort of gives my life more purpose...like there's always something to do.

Just Me. said...

Dogs and babies together always make me go awwwww...

It sucks to have a cold. I had it for 2months and thought my nose was gonna fall off.