Monday, December 1, 2008

Weekend in Chicago!

It's been a week since I have posted anything! It's been pretty busy in my neck of the woods for the past several days. We had a full day with family on Thanksgiving and it was pretty good. I managed to hold it together with the babies. No rushing out of the room. There was one point at the first family get together where I had to fight the tears back, but we werent really there long, so I was able to hold it together. I was fine with the other baby. No tears! Hubby even made a comment on the way home that I held it together well.

Then on Friday it was off to see my friend J, who lives about an hour from Chicago. We had a busy weekend! However, it was wonderful! Im so glad we were able to take the weekend to go visit. I hadnt seen my friend in almost a year!! Way too long for both of us! We vowed to make sure that it wasnt that long for the next visit. Our schedules have just conflicted way too much for the past year, we couldnt ever find a time that would work for both of us. Craziness I swear!

Well, we spent all day Saturday in Chicago, which was wonderful! I hadnt really had an opportunity to see the city before, so it was nice to enjoy the day. I have included some pictures for your viewing pleasure!
This is hubby and I taking our first train ride into Chicago. We were kind of excited...it was new! :) And DH now has a cold because he thought he was being all macho not having to bundle up with gloves or a hat while we were in the windy city. It was cold! Not cold enough that we were miserable, but it was cold. I have no sympathy for him! :)
Oh yes...he is getting really excited because he has less than a week left for his 90 days. However, what he doesnt know is that he will be getting another SA soon, which means it will probably be more than the 90 days of no alcohol. Haha...Im evil I know! I just want to see if not drinking for the 90 days really made a difference or not. We wont know for a couple more days after that if we have any great Christmas news or not.
Sorry, this post is a little jumpy...so on with the pictures! We made a stop at Millennium Park while in the windy city. It was really cool. While in the area, we took pictures with the Bean (a really cool artistic thing that really looks like a giant bean for those who have not seen it-See pictures).
We also made a trip to a place called Oven Grinders. It was FABULOUS!! The food was awesome. It of course, was a pizza place. But their pizzas were in the form of pot pies. They also had a really good Mediterranean bread. Mmmmm!! Mouth wateringly good!
The skating rink right by Millenium Park which has the logo for Chicago being a candidate for the 2016 Olympics. It was packed! Way too many people to even try to ice skate if you wanted to. I would have been super-claustrophobic...and I dont get that way easily!
We then headed to Navy Pier. Which by the way, was really pretty because they had it all decorated for Christmas. Well, the whole entire city was decorated for it and it was beautiful!! They had pretty much every tree decorated with white lights and also holly and other wintery plants all in the bushes around the city. It really was an awesome day all around! We had a blast! It was nice to get away for a weekend and just enjoy being us.
This was really long, but I havent posted for way too long (a week!), so it's alright. Hope you enjoyed the pictures. I have lots more, but that would have been craziness!
By the way, I failed miserably with ICLW this month. I am so incredibly sorry for that. I wanted to tell everyone who commented on my blog thank you so much! I WILL do better for December! I promise :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... looks like you have an awesome weekend. Nice pics. I have never visited Chicago myself but it has been on my list for a long time now. Isn't it just amazing how just a couple of days away from home can be sooo relaxing?! We haven't done that in a while. Hmmm.... maybe we should start it up again.

BTW... Kudos on surviving Thanksgiving! :)

I Believe in Miracles said...

Glad you had a great trip!! Awesome.
~~HUGS~~