Friday, December 5, 2008

So What Would You Like for Christmas??

You would think that as many times as I have been asked this recently, I would have come up with something better than.....Uhhhhh....ummmm...I don't know? But I honestly at this point in time do not have any "needs" or "wants". Well, I do have one thing that I want, but that really cant be given to me by my MIL or my Grandma very easily. Yep, hubby has to be the big player in that game :)

I almost feel like I have to explain myself for why I cant come up with something that I would like to have for Christmas this year. My MIL called today to ask about my hubby's wish list and then proceeds to say, "You really havent given me any ideas this year yet. Is there anything you would like to have?" My response....uhhhh....ummmm....I don't know. I mean, I dont really need anything and there isnt really anything material wise that I cant go without out. What I want for Christmas you cant really help out with. By the way, my MIL is the most understanding woman I have probably ever met in my life. I love her. She gets it. By the way....she had endometriosis also.

Im sure Im not the only one who has these same feelings. It's just going to be really hard if I have to spend the holidays knowing that we have had yet another unsuccessful cycle and Im back on the BCP's. The holiday season is all about being with family. Im ready to start our own family traditions. That really is what it's all about.

DH goes in on Monday for another SA. We both get to meet with Dr. B on Wednesday. We will review the analysis and hopefully our results will be much better. DH's 90 days are up on Monday. Im sure he will be cracking open a few as soon as he can. He has done really, really well!

5 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

Crossing fingers for you!!
~HUGS~

PS - I have the same problem with Christmas presents. I just say "clothes". :o)

Anonymous said...

That is exactly the same way I felt for my birthday (the day I got my BFN for IVF#1). We don't celebrate christmas, so b'days are the days people buy gifts. And I hated it absolutely. Its almost like I don't want any gifts unless it is a baby!
Fingers crossed for your DH's SA. Hope the swimmers turn out to be stellar. Have a nice weekend.

~ Katie ~ said...

hahaha! I totally was going to post something along these lines- I just wish my MIL was as understanding...she just refuses to get it.

Mrs Woggie said...

I'm experiencing the same kind of thing, it is so so frustrating isn't it. I just want a baby, that is all.

I hope this is a successful cycle for you, so you can have your Christmas Wish.

Zoe said...

I never want anything else either. Material possessions just seem so insignificant.

Big hugs
xox