Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Can you please tell me where I can find some Holiday Cheer?

Since everyone has been asking and I havent updated in a few days, my neice and I had a wonderful time on Friday!! We only had a couple episodes. One being that Blaze got a little too rough and decided to knock her down. He just doesnt quite understand that with little ones he has to be more careful. He will hopefully be able to learn one of these days. The other was, Aunt Meghann didnt have any fun bath toys for Emmy to play with. You would have thought it was the end of the world! (**Note to self-invest in bath toys for future!) Other than that we had a great time. It was short, but it was fun.


Emmy refused to go to sleep until Blaze decided to lay down with her. It was kind of funny. She wanted me to shut the door with him in the room so that they could go to sleep :) Pretty cute if you ask me. But then, she decided she didnt know how to go to sleep, so I told her that I bet she could figure it out if she just closed her eyes :) And guess what?? It worked! Hmm!


Saturday night we had Christmas with my Mom, Dad, my sister and her family, and my brother and his family. Hubby had to work though :( So here is a picture of my beautiful neices and nephews!! The redhead is the one that I watched on Friday night.

So, Im sure you can guess why I would be just a little depressed right now. My brother and sister have both completed their families and I have yet to have even one new addition. It makes me feel worthless, like I have nothing to contribute. So, of course I have been a little depressed for the past few days.

Last night, I think, was the worst. I called my mom and they were all having dinner at my g-ma's house. She told me I could come over, but it felt like she was only saying that because I had called. Which, really, that is the only reason. The phone would not have been picked up to invite me otherwise. So I refused and she said that she would see me tomorrow (today). Then she told me to find my "Holiday Cheer". I informed her that I didnt really have any holiday cheer for this year. I was told that I had to make myself find it. Gee, thanks for your support, mom.

Hanging up the phone, I realized that I am just a little bit more down in the dumps than I had thought. Fantastic. Im trying, I really am. I dont want to be depressed, but I definitely cant help it.

4 comments:

Melissa Griffin said...

WOw...I can understand why you might feel a little upset

Im sending a little holiday cheer your way - I dont have a lot either but I can definitely spare some for a fellow infertile...I am just going to try and remember today that even though infertility sucks and is sucking hte life out of me..there are things that there are to be thankful for. Its hard but Ill try...

...I hope that you can have a nice Christmas and remember that your turn is on its way - we all hope that...Lets pray for a wonderful 2009 and hope that by next year at Christmas we have a little something to celebrate.

lostintranslation said...

I'm sorry you're feeling depressed, but I can totally understand it. It's all so unfair! Hang in there and I hope you did get some holiday cheer anyway, sorry you had to go find it all by yourself. Merry Christmas. *ICLW*

Zoe said...

Big hugs Meg

Your lack of holiday cheer is completely justified.

I hate it so much when people have told me to 'cheer up'. I think but saying that it makes things worse.

I am hoping that 2009 will be your year

Nic said...

I understand how you feel, my sister in law has a son and the in-laws are always bugging us about having a child etc, do they not know that we are desperatly TTC!! Lets hope 2009 and brings us what we wish for!