Monday, October 27, 2008

The Day From Hell

Oh yes, that's right, it was THE day from Hell. I kid not. My morning went pretty well, but then it all went downhill after lunch. You know how I said that I would comment when I could throughout the day?? Yeah, there was no time! At all!! Let me fill you in...
I had an appointment set with a family from one of the shelters. This is a single mother with 4 children under the age of 5 (with a set of twins...the oldest two are a boy and girl). She is exactly one year younger than I (yes...to the day...how ironic). Well...I had been kind of dreading this appointment because we were going to have all 4 kids with us (I love working with families mind you...so please keep that in mind as you read). And oh the horror stories of these kids and their mother. Well, it doesnt help that her form of punishment is to scream and cuss at them at the top of her lungs. Uh huh, thats right.
Well....Mother went in to an agency and should have been right back. 20 minutes later...still no mom. Kids were getting restless in the car and wanted out of seats (understandable). This is when I started getting called a bitch, dick, and booby by the 3 year old. Let me repeat that, a 3 year old. Hmm....wonder where he heard that?? The next thing I know, the 4 year old is jumping out of the car and running into the parking lot. And I chase, with the other 3 in the car. I literally had to call one of my coworkers to come for reinforcement!! I could not handle the wild children by myself!!!

This is really sad. And it makes me very sad that these kids have not been taught any differently. As for the name calling...they heard it from their "father" who called their mother that. I know you cant fault the kids...but I had a massive headache when the afternoon was over. The simple fact that they do not listen to anything, even with bribes, is not good. I wanted to pull out my hair!!!

Okay...done venting. Here are some wonderful pictures I said I would post!
Yay for personalized cards. I think almost all of them were in tears after this :) Which brought a tear to my eye. I made sure to tell them how special each one of them are and the great qualities they bring to the guard.
She loved it so much she was in tears :) Not really...she is just making a happy/sad face. If that makes sense....lol. They were very appreciative.
See...super excited! They were so excited they didnt even realize there was something else in the bag! :) I got them fun halloween socks too. Then I was bombarded with hugs. Oh yes...the new nickname is "Momma Megs". Haha!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Wow thats just ridiculous. I can't even think of what to say. Its sad those kids have to grow up that way and I'm sorry you have to deal with it.

BUT I'm glad the guard girls appreciated their gifts. :) I can't wait to cheer them on at state!

I Believe in Miracles said...

You are my hero for dealing with such broken families. That would be so hard.

I'm so glad the girls appreciated there gifts. They were adorable. And that you had a good weekend...
***HUGS**

Mel said...

Momma Megs. So cute. :) Has a certain ring to it, if you ask me!

I'm so sorry that you had to endure such a horrible situation with that family. I'm not sure I'd have the strength to deal with the issues that you do on a daily basis...it has to be mentally/physically exhausting?!

Hope you had a super-fun Halloween! Duke thanks you for the hugs and told me to tell Blazer he's invited over any time to play "fris." :)