Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Services

I will be at the funeral home most of the day today. Hubby and I have to be there around 2 and will be there until after 8 Im sure. Hubby says he is alright. He is just glad his grandpa is no longer suffering. However, he has to be a Paulbearer, so Im not really sure how that is going to work out. But I will be there for him :)

Tomorrow is the funeral. It will probably be another long day filled with lots of people I dont know. Hubby says he probably wont know most of them either. His grandpa has lots of brothers and sisters...

On a happier note...the NP Marching Vikings are headed to Semi-State this Saturday! Whoo hoo! They had an excellent performance this past weekend and it showed with the judges who placed them in 1st!!!! Yay!!! They were up against 16 other bands and only 10 total were able to move on to Semi-State. So, yes, it was an excellent day! I will post the link for the video as soon as one is posted on the website. It will only be a portion of the show, but it will be a nice little glimpse. I am so proud of my girls for doing so well!

I am working on a special project for them. I took a picture of it last night, so I will post that later this evening. (Im at the office right now) They will be receiving them on Thursday evening after practice :) Can't wait!

Today is the start of ICLW. Im going to do much better this time and make all of my comments because I know how much I enjoy hearing from others on my blog :) So, thanks to everyone for all of the comments!!! I look forward to them this week!

4 comments:

JW Moxie said...

So sorry to hear about your DH's grandfather.

Congrats on your girls being ranked best in class and on the overall band placing so high! I was in guard all four years in high school, then a couple of years later became the guard director and assistant band director. I resigned after six years to devote more time to my family and my graduate studies, but looking at your pictures takes me back and makes me want to grab the flags and rifles that I have in my garage and start spinning!

Has your school done any of the BOA regionals?

I Believe in Miracles said...

Hope everything goes well with the funeral. **HUGS**

Faith said...

So sorry for your loss . . . that's hard. I hope everything goes as well as it can.

On another note, congrats to your girls and want to see pics of your project!

Megs said...

We havent ever done BOA. It's too expensive for our school. :( Oh well!