Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Still Waiting for My Turn

As another pregnancy announcement hits us right square in the face, I am still waiting for my turn. When is it going to happen for us??? It would be great if we could get that answer soon. Hello?? Anyone?? (Is this mic on??)

So we attended hubby's grandpa's funeral today. Yes, it was not the greatest day, but hubby did very well. Much better than I thought he would. Im thinking it still hasnt set in that his grandpa is really gone. Im not sure.

We arrived back home about 3 this afternoon after spending most of the day with family only to receive a phone call from MIL about an hour later. Im just glad that I didnt answer the phone. Hubby came in and said, "that was mom"
Me: "What did she want?"
DH: "She wanted to tell us that someone is going to be a grandma"
Me: Thinking to myself...WTF!!!! Not another one!! Because I dont know if I can handle this. "So, who is it?"
DH: "P. K just told her when she got home this afternoon."
Me: Silence.

Okay...so of course I have a problem with this. This couple was supposed to be married a year ago this past September and the wedding was put off. Rescheduled for May. Nothing was ever said and May came and went. So we are now in October and she is 3 months pregnant. Oh yeah, they arent even living together anymore. She wanted to "make it on her own". Really? Okay, that's fine, whatever you feel compelled to do. I just dont get it. He moved back in with his mom. Im a little confused at this point. Also perterbed.

This was not a good night.

7 comments:

Echloe said...

Oh man. I really hate stories like that. (((HUGS))) I know it is hard. I live in fear of people calling us to share their "good" news. I hope the next one to make that call will be you.

ICLW

Mrs Woggie said...

That sucks, really sucks. I hate those announcements. It's NOT FAIR!!!

Michelle said...

This whole IF thing sucks! I know exactly how you feel. Hang in there. Someday it WILL happen!

Photogrl said...

Sorry. Those type of announcements suck.

I cried myself to sleep last night after hubby filled me in on a similar announcement.

{{HUGS}} to you!

ICLW

nh said...

IF sucks especially when you get that sort of 'good news'. Hope you get to share that joy sometime soon.

(ICLW)

Erin said...

Here from ICLW. I am sorry that you had to deal with that news.

It always seems to be the least likely people too...

KandiB said...

Frustration for sure. My hubby's best friend's wife told me THE DAY she found out from POS. Just months after my MC. NICE. People really don't get it at all. But, it WILL be you someday. For sure. iclw.