Friday, October 17, 2008

One Thing After Another

Today has not been the greatest of days. I woke up this morning with even more cramping, therefore, popping one of my painkillers, calling the office, and sleeping til noon. I honestly do not enjoy this. I do not enjoy havning to give myself a painkiller just to suffice the pain for a measily 3 hours. Yeah, that's it. However, I at least can get some rest during this time. I do have an abundance of sick days at work though, so I dont feel quite so bad :) I mean, they start getting taken away if I get too many...so you gotta use them sometime. Right?

On another note...DH's grandpa (his mom's dad) has been in the hospital since Thursday of last week, so over a week now. We received a phone call this morning from DH's mom saying they were at the hospital and had been there since 3am and Grandpa is not doing well. So, around 330 this afternoon I call my MIL to see how he is doing. She informs me that they are only giving him a few hours. I receive a phone call around 7 this evening saying he has passed away. Im not really sure how hubby is taking this. He is at work for another 30 minutes or so. I talked to him on the phone and I could tell he was upset. Hubby has never lost anyone in his family until now. (I lost both of my grandfathers within 1 year...about 7 years ago...both to cancer) Maybe he will do much better than I ever did. Im not really sure. He doesnt talk about his feelings much at all and I dont want to push it. I just hope he opens up to me.

The next few days are going to be busy...hopefully I will have time to breathe.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Awwwww, hun. I'm so sorry about the loss of your husband's grandpa. Loss (at any age) is never easy. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hope you're feeling better, too. *hugs*

I Believe in Miracles said...

I'm so sorry.
**HUGS**

In Due Time said...

(((Hugs)))

Over from ICLW