Tuesday, June 17, 2008

On to the 2 Weeks Waiting...1DPIUI #1

It's now time for me to begin biting my fingernails down to the quick. Not really, because I stopped doing that a long time ago, but the nerves are definitely going to be setting in very quickly. Especially since several people know what has been going on and sooner or later the dreaded questions will begin to be asked. (Read: For those family members reading this, please let me tell you before you start asking several questions)
So I thought that I was free and clear from the cramping and bloating that was possible after the IUI once the ovulation kicks in. Apparantly not. This morning when I woke up, I had the bloated feeling, then as the morning went on, it only progressed and became more crampy. It's bearable. It's nothing like I go through every other month when my period actually starts. Those are hell! Those are the kind where you just want to curl up into a ball and die kind of cramps. Where nothing you do helps at all. It subdues for maybe 3o minutes, but is always back with a vengeance (almost like laughing in your face for trying to make it go away). Yeah, they're usually that bad. So, needless to say, these are definitely nowhere near that! :) Besides, a little cramping is normal.
2nd IUI was today. My cervix was not cooperating the way she wanted it too though. She had to deposit the little guys in my cervix, which normal procedure is in the uterine cavity. She said it was okay though because yesterday was the most important one. Today was just an extra boost. I think my cervix is a little small too, so that probably doesnt help the situation much.
Minor situation after appointment. My RE is actually in the Women's Hospital (along with my gyn.). Well, as the hubby and I were leaving, we got to hear the wonderful chimes playing over the intercom (yeah, a baby was born). Okay, I do think that it's really cool they do that, but why do they have to do it over the entire flipping hospital?? Especially on the floor where the Infertility doctor is! Definitely thought I was going to lose it for a second, but hubby helped me regain my composure in saying 'That will be for us one day, hang in there'. How supportive! I love him so much! :) Well, I will keep updating...I go back on Monday for a progesterone level check.

No comments: