Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Anticipation....Nervousness....Hope....

Just some of the emotions that are going through my mind right now. Im waiting with anticipation because I just want to know where we go from here. Im extremely nervous because if the end result is positive, oh my...wow, but if it's negative, total heartbreak. Im hoping for the best possible outcome for this cycle. As I have said before there are so many other emotions right now it's impossible to explain all of them. I think Im mostly nervous at this point. I wish there were a way to control your emotions, but when you have all these extra hormones that you've pumped into your body, I think that's virtually impossible.

Ive decided that Im taking a Personal day on Tuesday. Im gonna need it no matter what the end result. Im not really sure if I will be able to function for either outcome. Somehow, I still have to come up with something that will keep my mind occupied once I get my results. My sister will be in town, so maybe her schedule wont be jam packed and we can do something fun. That would be wonderful. Next week is a short week anyway because of the 4th. We are going camping, which I am really looking forward to.

Which brings me to my next topic. Does anyone else find that their funds get stretched to the max during this wonderful time in our lives? I feel like we are scraping at the bottom of the barrel virtually every other week. It also doesnt help when you have the once a year bills that come around too. That really puts a damper on things. I hate pulling from our savings. I cringe every single time we have to do it, which here lately has been more than I would like to admit. It just seems like we cant ever get ahead. Ive come to find that being grown up really sucks...lol. Can I just go back to grade school where my only worry was whether I was going to play with my barbies or my baby dolls. Those were the times right? :)

So far Ive done a decent job of keeping myself somewhat occupied. Only 5 more days. Staying optimistic. Happy, positive thoughts. Crossing everything that I can cross on my body and praying to God.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

I HATE the 2ww, it seems to drag on FOREVER. People who aren't in the infertility world can't understand that at all either!
That's good you're taking a day off for the results. I was at a colorguard practice when I got a call with a negative result once. I was a mess! I should have just gone home.
You're smart to think ahead like that. :)

Anonymous said...

If you need to call please do. 317-679-4991. I've been there and I can cry with you for sure. I called my friend when I got the - results and I just wailed into the phone like a dying animal and she listened the whole time.

Our funds are also stretched to the max. We have two mortgage payments because we have two houses. Can you imagine? On top of all that there is the money for the iui and the drugs.

I Believe in Miracles said...

I'm about to go onto the 2ww. I can totally relate to the drag on forever. I try to distract myself and found that exercise can always help alleviate stress of hoping, anxiety, etc. at the end of the 2ww.

Good job on taking Tuesday off. Will be praying for you.

Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

Hate the 2ww!! Keeping everything crossed for you!!!

xoxo!