Monday, June 23, 2008

8 Days and Counting

Someone sent me a link to a list of things to do during your 2WW today and I want to say thank you. There were definitely some great ideas on there. Now, I just wish that I could afford to go and get that professional massage. It's been going through my head for the past several weeks. I need one of those really deep tissue massages. That would be great. Care to make any donations? :) Just kidding!

Im counting down the days until I go in for my blood test for the final result of this cycle. It's been a long, painful journey so far. My loving hubby says that he has been able to tell a difference in my mood (not for the better). You know, because all of those extra hormones do wonders for your emotions. We only have 8 more days until a BFP/BFN. Can we do some kind of voodoo dance or rain dance or some kind of dance to help with this?? Prayer would be wonderful too I guess ;).

Progesterone level was checked today. The nurse said it was at a 40 and they usually like for it to be atleast an 18-20. So that was great! There should be a nice little cozy environment for an egg to do its civic duty and implant itself into my lining. Here's to hoping we get some wonderful news that is 22 months overdue! (I have to be optimistic at a time like this)

So the other huge question going through my mind right now, do I POAS or do I not POAS. Im thinking I might still get a false positive at only 7 days past ovulation. But it would be so wonderful to just see those double pink lines for once in my life! Im going to hold off as long as I possibly can. Hopefully I have the willpower to make it until my doctor's appointment next Tuesday.

I am very proud of myself by the way. I have to go to a baby shower on Sunday for a "friend". Im really dreading the whole scenario. However, I went to get a baby gift so that I could get it out of the way. I probably should have waited until the last minute so that I didnt have to stare at the cute little bag all flipping week. I. did. not. break. down. Whoo hoo!! I am pretty proud of myself. I was damn close, but I fought it back as to not scare off the other Target customers. They probably would have questioned my sanity. So, I did it. No crying in the middle of Target.

I did cry once today though. I found out that my big sis is coming home this weekend from North Carolina. (I dont think Im supposed to know yet though. Mom spoiled it D!) I get to see my beautiful niece and nephews. And Im not really sure why I cried when I found out my sister was coming home, but I did. It was a happy cry of course. I miss her a lot. She is 7 years older than me, but I find that we just keep getting closer the older we get. I really admire her. So that's something that I get to look forward to for this weekend. Now, I have to figure out what to do with Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Monday :). I have my second job on tuesday and thursday which keeps me pretty focused at all times (Im a colorguard instructor in my spare time). I will try to keep posting at least every other day this week. Adios!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

That's so fun that you're a colorguard instructor! I did that last year! It was so much fun.
Also, if you're taking clomid that would explain why you're crying. I get SO emotional on clomid.

Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

Doing the Infertile-Whore-May-You-Get-A-Baby dance for ya!!!!!

Here's my 2ww tips to stay sane: http://pamelageorge.blogspot.com/2008/06/how-to-stay-sane-in-your-2ww-or-1ww.html

I had no money for massage either! All money gone into this IF project!

Hugs.