Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Dosage Increase

Well, went to the Dr. today for my lovely b/w and ultrasound. My follicles are not big enough, which it is only CD#11, so Im hoping that's okay. The nurse also told me that my lining was still a bit too thin. They didnt really say anything about my bloodwork when they called me back this afternoon. All I know is I dont have to take that damn Cetritide (I would have to actually mix the stuff myself, and the needle is gynormous, it's also what would bring my LH levels back down if needed). So, we are good for now. Dr. B increased my dosage from my Gonal-F pen from 75 to 150. I go back to the doctor on Friday for more b/w and another ultrasound.

Oh yeah, the ultrasound was actually pretty cool, because I could pick out all of my little follicles. The biggest one was 12mm, which is not big enough at this time, and all the others were still too small to count. Hopefully those suckers will sprout like crazy with this dosage increase. It might just be wishful thinking, but dang it, Im wishing!! :)

So, I actually felt this shot tonight. It kind of burned a bit while I was doing the actual injection. Im gonna say that's normal because I think that if I was going to have any kind of reaction, it would have happened by now. I feel normal, so that's good :) Well, that's all I got for tonight. Hopefully we will be on to the next step after Friday's events.

Oh by the way...I loved the posting from Bon about some good comebacks to people who ask the stupid questions/make the stupid comments. I know they dont know/understand, but it can still make you feel like you are two inches tall all because people are uninformed. I have had to deal a lot with the whole "Maybe it's not in God's plans right now" line. It just makes my skin crawl every flippin time I hear it. I have also had someone try to give me advice as to what to do/what not to do (someone who had only been trying for maybe 6 months, if that). I think I about flew off my rocker. It was a good thing we were not in person. So, that's my little tiff of the evening. Until Friday...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You won't BELIEVE what I was asked the other day by someone you know. You will have to email me to get it because I'm not putting that one online.

Also - everything sounds really good. My lining was also like that, that's why they put me on the premarin. I am betting with all the stuff you're on, they are setting you up real nice. I'd like to see what the total price is after all of this with all of these meds and things.

Is the iui set for sat or sunday?????

Megs said...

still not really sure when the IUI actually is going to be. Im sure they will let me know tomorrow morning. Im getting a little ancy at this point. Im very curious as to what was said...email here I come :)