Sunday, June 8, 2008

Getting up to speed

I have decided to begin a blog about my husband and I's trials through the Infertility process. It was mostly due to a relative who is going through the same troubles and I feel like I need to get everything out. So, without further ado, I am going to give a brief rundown of our experience so far.

My husband and I will have been married for 2 years in July. We will have been trying to conceive for 2 years the end of August. So, obviously, things are not going at all as we had hoped or even planned! Last August, I began meeting with my Gyn. about our infertility. He at the time didnt seem too worried. He had been having me track my cycle via chart (the fun temp. taking) for several months prior. He reviewed my charts and stated that I was not ovulating regularly. So, that is when I went on Clomid for about 4 months I believe. After nothing was happening yet again, my doctor referred me to Dr. B, an RE.

After finally meeting with Dr. B in I believe it was early January, he decided we needed to do a Hysterosalpingogram. By the way...I better never have to do one of those again!! The stupid doctor who tried to do it, couldnt. He tried like 6 different methods, and no luck! So, it was back to Dr. B to figure out what to do next. Oh yeah, in the meantime, my hubby had went in to give his specimen. So at the next visit, we discussed both of our results (or the lack there of for me). My hubby was a little below normal and my doctor wanted to figure out just why my procedure couldnt be done. So, he informed us of a procedure known as an IUI. He then scheduled a Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy for me, which occurred in March.

The day of my surgery, we were informed that I have Endometriosis. Which he found on both sides. When we went back in a couple weeks later, Dr. B wanted to go right into the IUI. Greg and I discussed it, and decided that we could not afford to do the procedure yet (our insurance doesnt pay for anything that has to do with Infertility, lucky us).

So, here we are in June, and we have begun our cycle for the IUI. Dr. B seems pretty confident that this will work in no more than 3 cycles. I am on CD #7 and I am having to give myself shots (Gonal F Pen) for 7-10 days. It's not so bad yet, but Im worried about the Ovidrel shot because the needle is a little bit bigger. I go back in for labs and an ultrasound on Wednesday, which Dr. B will then decide if we need to up the dosage of FSH (Gonal F Pen) or not. After that, comes the IUI. I think it is going to fall around Saturday or Sunday, we shall see.

I will keep updating through this cycle...hoping that we dont have to do another cycle (the medicines alone were close to $800). Im praying, which I really havent been doing much of lately...so many questions running through my mind the past several months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!! I just went in for my IUI today. I will write about it so you know what to expect. I'm cheering for you guys! We're going to be the worlds best moms, when all of this is over.