Wednesday, December 2, 2009

No GD! No GD! No GD!

I am in the clear for the time being. My Dr. is not worried about me having Gestational Diabetes, which is really good. That means that I really dont have to watch what I eat!! Mmmmm apple pie! (that has been my craving for months now and I have only enjoyed it a couple of times)

However, I do kind of have to watch that I am not eating foods that are high in fat. My Dr. seems to think that it really is my gull bladder that has been acting up, especially since the Pro.ton.ix has not done anything for my pain on my right side below my rib cage. I am supposed to just keep monitoring it for the time being. I guess there really isn't a whole lot they can do at this point. So his only suggestion was to watch the foods that are high in fat at this point.

I have only gained about 18 lbs at this point, which is good, because it's all baby :) and uterus, and probably amniotic fluid, etc. However, today I am measuring 2 weeks ahead of schedule. So instead of measuring 30 weeks, I am measuring 32 weeks. This is the first occurence for this, so again, we will keep monitoring and if I keep measuring ahead then we will get another ultrasound of our little man to make sure all is well and he isnt getting too big in there! Of course, hubby is all proud of the fact that "his boy is getting big" while I waddle around and need help getting up off the couch and he laughs at me. (He's a turd like that)

So, things are going well. I can't believe there are only about 10 weeks left of this pregnancy! It blows my mind. Looking forward to spending time with friends and family on Sunday at my shower!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being GD free!!!
Are pregnant women supposed to go low-fat? I thought that was kind of a no-no?

Chelle said...

Hooray for dodging the bullet! I hope everything else goes smoother. :)