Monday, December 14, 2009

Weekend of Childbirth Class!

Hubby and I had an absolutely wonderful weekend! It was fantastic! Our Prepared Childbirth class went exceptionally well. The instructor we had was hilarious and we got a lot of great information to help us prepare for Aiden's upcoming arrival!

I was really excited with hubby's reaction to everything. Everytime we watched a video with cute little babies, his face lit up so much and I could just see him out of the corner of my eye grinning from ear to ear! I think that was the highlight of my weekend. :)

Saturday night, we did a little more shuffling of things in closets to help make room for Aiden's things. Moved clothes we had been storing back into our closet space, sheets into the top of the office closet, cleaned out the toy box (full of sheets...) and put all of the toys we received from the shower in there. We are getting closer to being a little more prepared for his arrival. We even bought a package of diapers yesterday to get going. We are going to try to start buying every time we go to the store. I have some coupons, so that makes it a little better.

I have another Dr. appointment this week, on Wednesday. He told me last time that since I measured 2cm ahead, he would keep an eye on me and make sure I dont keep measuring bigger than what I should be. If I do, we will have to do an ultrasound just to make sure he is not getting too big :) Yay for another ultrasound! I would like to get another peak at him before we see him come into the world. We shall see!

My goal for this week, is to find a pediatrician and call some sitters. These are the two things that I really need to get going on. It makes me nervous not knowing who will be watching my baby once I have to go back to work :( I would rather it be me, but that is just not financially possible at this point. He would only have to go part-time. No more than 3 hours a day M-F, so that's good. Hubby is on 2nds, so he has agreed that he will be keeping him with him until he has to go to work :) Fantastic! Saves some money I guess!

1 comment:

Chelle said...

I remember going to the child birthing class and thinking I was glad none of it applied to me because I was an automatic c-section. lol Hubs and I still had fun learning how to bathe the plastic baby.

I am excited for you. I was pregnant at this time last year with only a little less time on my ticker than you have on yours now. I remember how excited I was for this Christmas. I am excited that you are there now. Pregnant, getting the nursery ready, knowing that next Christmas will be so special. :)