Friday, December 18, 2009

Wait...you have what??

I totally thought that I was going to be one of those lucky few who gets to skip this whole part of pregnancy. However, that is of course too good to be true. I have cankles. You know, when your ankles look like part of your calves?? Yea, I have them. Of course, not as bad in the mornings, but by the time I get off work, man oh man are they huge. The swelling pretty much just started Monday. Merry Christmas to me!

This definitely puts a damper on my evenings at the present. I am trying to get my Christmas shopping done (yes, I am a procrastinator) and it isn't going too well. I was pretty much hobbling around everywhere last night and gave up after just getting a few gift cards. I am going to try to go again tonight since I get off work an hour earlier on Fridays. Hopefully I will be able to move my ankles and not look like I am waddling too bad :)

I am sure that I will have to finish my shopping over the weekend, but that's okay. If I have to start early in the morning before the ankles swell, that's what I will do :)

Hands aren't swelling too bad. I stopped wearing my wedding ring the day after my shower in fear that we would have to cut it off my finger. It started to get a little tight, so I wanted to be safe rather than sorry. I feel naked without it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays!