Monday, December 7, 2009

Baby Shower!!

I have had a fabulous weekend! My college roommate from my freshman year, who was also my Maid of Honor at my wedding, was in for the weekend. She is from Northern Indiana, so therefore it was quite a drive for her to get here. We had an excellent weekend shopping and just spending time together. She is fabulous!


But of course, she was down here for a specific reason. My baby shower! Yay! I'm not going to lie. It was a bit awkward being the center of attention after going through so much just to get to this point. However, it was fantastic! There were so many people who came to help us celebrate! We have been blessed with lots of outfits and blankets and all things baby to get us started! :)


I have already begun putting things in their proper places. Clothes in the closet, blankets on the shelves, booties and onesies in the drawers. And I still have lots of items to put away! I am so incredibly thankful for everything!


My MIL and SIL were the ones who threw the shower for me. They did a fantastic job with everything. Sock bouquets were made for each table along with washcloth suckers :) Blue punch and a wonderful cake! I will try to post pictures tonight.

We have started to put things together now too. Hubby is super anxious to get everything together as soon as possible. This would include things like the high chair (which won't be needed for quite some time), the swing/infant seat/rocker combo we got, and our wonderful travel system. All have been put together now because he just can't wait to get his hands on that stuff :) His eyes have lit up every time we get something else put together. We are running out of room for this stuff in the nursery because I still have things that I need to go through and put away.

Next project....washing the bedding and putting it all in the crib! :) And then washing lots of blankets and clothes. Anyone have any advice as to what is truly needed for that first little bit of time with a new baby? I am wanting to get a list put together so we can start marking things off. Thanks!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

*ahem*

Belly pictures.

I'm just sayin.


Glad your baby shower was so great!

Hugs.

Megs said...

Haha I have a couple from Sunday I can post. The problem is, I have lost all of the other ones since my computer crashed :(

Actually, I might have one from around 19 weeks or so...I will get on that! I promise! :)