Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Nesting Phase

I think my Nesting phase has finally begun...

Yesterday, hubby and I took down all of our curtains in the living/dining room and washed them. While doing this, I did dishes, cleaned the actual inside of the windows (thanks to Blaze for his wonderful slobbers), hubby pulled out the couch and end tables and vacuumed and dusted. Now, I am ready to start washing all of the baby clothes, blankets, towels, etc. that we have. Also, I have lots of things that need to go to Go.od.wil.l so we can get them out of our office.

The next step....clean my refrigerator. My shelves are pretty much disgusting. I mean, there is no reason for them to be as dirty as they are. I also would like to go through hubby's part of the closet and get rid of clothes that he does not wear anymore. I am sure he would love me for this...lol.

Yes, I am supposed to be taking it semi-easy right now, but seriously, I have a lot of sh*t to do before I can't do it anymore! Hopefully, that time will not come and my blood pressure and protein issues will control themselves a bit more, but until then, I need to get as much done as I possibly can before I can't. And that's honestly my fear...that I am not going to be ready for this baby when he decides to make an appearance. Or, the Dr. decides for him.

We still have a lot of things we need to get. There are a lot of things that need to be organized in the nursery. Car seats need to be installed in the vehicles. Which, by the way, can now be done because hubby was adament about having seat protectors in both of our vehicles before the car seat bases were installed. :) We purchased those this weekend.

I also did not have one receiving blanket in my possession. Lots and lots of regular blankets, but none that were receiving blankets, so I purchased a couple packages with about 4 in each at K.oh.l's yesterday with my mom, so we have a good amount to get us going now. There are still other items that I need to get, but I have got to make me a list. I think that will be my task for the rest of this week. Going through everything to wash and making a list of what we still need.

I am definitely starting to get nervous. We have "possibly" 6 weeks left. Yikes!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's definitely getting close! Good luck with the rest of the prep :)

Holli said...

Hello,

I just came across your blog and have enjoyed reading your story! I also have endometriosis and am currently waiting to do IVF with my hubby. Your story defintely gives me hope. Also, thanks for posting the link the the endo study awhile back. I just signed up and am looking forward to participating. Best wishes to you for the remainder of your pregnancy. I'll be sure to check in from time to time to see the baby pics!

Thanks for sharing,
Holli