Monday, December 28, 2009

34 Week Dr. Appt....

So I had my Dr. appt for, well, almost 34 weeks. I will be 34 weeks on Thursday. It did not go so well. Not horribly, but not the greatest either.

I have been having quite a bit of swelling in my feet and during the night my right hand/arm falls asleep and when I wake up, I have the carpal tunnel type feelings. Well, today was my Dr. appointment. I am measuring right around 34/35cm and have gained a total of 30lbs. (Im totally thinking some of that is due to the swelling...lol)

My blood pressure was a little bit higher than it ever has been. I was around 142/86. This apparently did not make my Dr. very happy. He informed me that I have to come back next week. We will be monitoring a little more closely. I was supposed to have one more 2 week interval, but oh well. I would rather be safe than sorry. I also had some protein in my urine and he did not like that too much either.

I was also told that I needed to inform my boss that I very well might be off work before I actually go into labor. We will be playing it by ear. I am sure she will love that...lol. Oh well! I would rather have a healthy, happy baby than anything else. It will all work out!

I am still looking for a sitter. I refuse to pay for a full-time daycare when we only need part-time...it's a little frustrating.

3 comments:

Chelle said...

Man, I am praying for you. I hope you don't get pre-eclampsia. I guess it wouldn't be as bad if you got it this late in your pregnancy, but I still don't wish it on you at all. Take good care of yourself and rest up as much as you can.

*hugs*

VA Blondie said...

I am sorry your doctor appointment did not go as well as expected. I also had a higher BP than usual on my last appointment, so I understand where you are coming from. Did they send you for lab work or a non stress test? That is what they did for me, and everything checked out fine. But they still want me to rest.

I totally hear you about paying for full time daycare. I also will likely need part time day care. (Depending on what my parents do.) I think I have resigned myself to paying for full time, but I want a reasonably priced day care option. That is difficult to find for an infant! Good luck!

Sarah said...

I had the numbness thing too! My doctor told me to wear braces and to keep my hands below my heart. Which wasnt easy. But do able.

Take it easy kiddo.