Friday, December 11, 2009

Oh what fun!

It should be a fun-filled weekend for hubby and I. I am sure he is just super ecstatic to be doing what we are going to be doing.

..................................................Prepared Childbirth Classes!!!.........................

Haha! I for one am actually pretty excited. I want to get as much information as I can possibly obtain before little Aiden graces us with his presence. Yes, we still have a little while, but that is beside the point. I want to be prepared. Well, as prepared as I can be given every situation is different. I think hubby is actually excited, no matter how much he doesn't want to admit it :) We will see how it goes. We get to be at the hospital from 12-5 on Saturday and Sunday both.

And has anyone ever attended any LaLeche League meetings? I am thinking about attending one in my area and wanted some input. I need to get as much information about breastfeeding as I possibly can. Because dangit, I want it to work for us! There is a meeting coming up Tuesday evening that I am thinking about going to. I think it will be beneficial for me.

On another note.....I need to get my Christmas shopping done! I have four of my nieces and nephews done, but other than that, nada. I have several people that I need to buy for. Maybe we can get some of that done this weekend now that we actually have a little bit of extra money. We shall see!

So much to do with so little time!! I started a list for things that I think I might need before the baby gets here. Oh and by the way....Dreft....that shit is expensive!! I need to find me some coupons! Has anyone used anything else that works just as well? Possibly for a better price?

Well, I will update after the weekend on how our classes went! Until then, everyone enjoy your weekend!!!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I found your blog through Bonnie... I do the LLL meetings in Boonville, and they've been a wealth of information! They saved me from going to formula! Be prepared, it is the HARDEST thing for the first three weeks or so! it gets easier, however...

VA Blondie said...

I have never been to a LLL meeting, either. I plan on going to my first one this Thursday. I think it will be helpful. I am like you. I really want this to work!

Mel said...

Hey Girlie (and little guy)!

Just had to add my two cents here and say "YES!" find a LLL meeting ASAP! Also, if the hospital/birthing center where you'll be having little guy has a lactation consultant, get to know her well. :) I had NO idea how challenging bf'ing was going to be, and I nearly gave just two weeks after Segen was born. However, after the kind advice and wonderful encouragement of our lactation consultant Fran, we've been trucking-along successfully for nearly 6 months now. I think we may actually make it to the 1 year mark after all! Whooohooo!

So glad you're doing well. Thanks for sharing your adorable belly pics. Too cute! *hugs*