Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Oh, Im supposed to stay on two feet??

So...I have decided that I am going to try to get to know all of the other Dr's in my normal OB's office before this baby comes. Of course, this is not by choice. However, my body seems to think that it's a necessity. I disagree!

Yesterday we were celebrating Christmas with our work. We were setting all of the food up that everyone brought in and I was heading around the little island to set up my cheese ball. As I walked around the corner my feet flew out from underneath me and I landed on my back/hip. I think it knocked the breath out of me a little bit and of course it scared the crap out of me.

I called the Dr. shortly after (which of course, Tuesdays are my Dr.'s day off) and the nurse that was covering phone calls told me I needed to come in and do a Non-Stress test just to make sure all is well.

Non-stress test was fine for the most part. He was moving around pretty good and his heartbeat was normal range. However, those darn contractions were back. I honestly did not feel these one bit! Of course, they wanted to check my cervix. All is well in cervical land other than every single Dr. or nurse who messes with my cervix has to hunt for it for a couple minutes until they finally find it. I am still all closed up (phew!) so they sent me home and told me to make sure I rested.

Man am I sore today. My back is killing me and my left butt cheek is hurting pretty badly too. I went to see my Dr. for a regular 2 week appointment and the baby's heartbeat is still going strong. I am only measuring 1 week ahead this week, so he didn't seem too worried about that. I have now gained a total of 25lbs. And everything else seems to be a-ok!

I have completed one task for this week...I found a pediatrician! Hooray! Mark one off the list. Now, if I could just get my dang Christmas shopping done!! I still have so much to do! The swollen feet at the end of the day are not helping this situation :(

3 comments:

Chelle said...

I'm glad both you and the baby are fine. That would be a little scary.

Good luck with the Christmas shopping. I hope the sore cheek feels better soon. :(

Sarah said...

I took a tumble down a few stairs when I was about 7 or 8 months pregnant. Scariest thing ever.

So glad you both are ok!

Mrs Woggie said...

I'm glad you and baby are ok. I hope that you are feeling a little better now.