Saturday, July 12, 2008

You Just Need to Be Patient

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! So I didnt think that I was going to have a whole lot to write about tonight, but I do. Well, only because I just checked my email. Remember that baby shower I attended a couple Sundays ago with the "friend" who told me I "needed to be patient". Well, she's back. So, this is her email and then my response to that nice little email....

*** Hey M! I just wanted to write you and see how you were doing? I think about you a lot! Just remember it will happen! You just have to patient. Ya your thinking easy for you to say...Huh? But remember what my favorite lady told me....."All in God's time!" Love ya Let me know when you want to get together!! ***

(My Response was as follows)***Okay...so Im not really sure how to say this. Im going through a really hard time right now and being told that I just have to be patient really doesnt help me out...at all. Patience is not the answer to my current situation. I understand that you mean well and I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know that you are thinking about me. However, you could just leave it at that. Yes, I really would like to get together sometime, but right now, it is very hard for me. I love you to death and always have, but I dont think you realize just what we are going through. And that is okay. I dont expect you to thoroughly understand. And how do you know that it will happen for us? How can you be so sure about something when you really dont totally know? We have been trying for 22 months now. 22 months!!!! That's a really long time. I really dont mean for this to be harsh, but I just want you to try to grasp a little bit of my life for the past 2 years. Just try to imagine having been trying to conceive for that long. What would you think? How would you feel? Especially for the first 18 months of that, not knowing at all what was wrong with you or possibly wrong with your husband. Then having to fork out thousands of dollars when they did find the reason in a procedure that may not even work when it's all said and done. Just hitting one obstacle after another and hoping that every month maybe it would be different this time. Please, try to put yourself in my shoes and then tell me to be patient. I have a couple links that I would like for you to read. If you choose not to, fine, but if you do, you might be able to grasp a little bit of my situation and the emotions that I go through on a monthly basis. Im sorry if you are offended, but I had to say all of that for me. So, here are those links.
http://www. resolve. org/site/PageServer?pagename=cop_tainf_jffaf

http://www. resolve. org/site/PageServer?pagename=lrn_ffaf_ie

M****

So, someone please tell me that I am not nuts in telling her all of this. My DH told me that my response was not too harsh, which made me feel much better. I guess I basically lost it. She needs to be informed. And it's better that we werent in person, because face to face conflict is not my thing. I probably would have started crying uncontrollably and not been able to really tell her how I felt. So Im glad with my response. I think it was a good one. But I still need some reassurance from my computer buddies :)

By the way, only a couple more weeks until the next cycle begins. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that the big balloon in my ovary will be gone. Until next time...I hope everyone is doing alright.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, you weren't too harsh IMHO. I think people (esp. ones who are pregnant) just. don't. get. it.

Anonymous said...

BTW you need to fix your links

Just Me. said...

You are not harsh at all. She needs to be INFORMED and she needs to be TOLD! In fact, you did very good.

(((((hugs))))))