Monday, July 7, 2008

And Life Goes On....One day at a time...

So this weekend was nice. It was relaxing in that I didnt think too much about everything else that has been going on. I was able to enjoy myself away from the constant reality of my Infertility. Until those people with all the damn kids right across from us showed up...lol. Im just kidding, but it does get a little depressing when you see moms walking babies in strollers through the campground. Oh yeah, and I got to hear that someone else is pregnant (a friend of the family) yippy skippy. And my MIL has decided that it would be great if I ended up with quadruplets (yeah, for who??). Lets get a positive first, okay??

I had my annual visit to my Gynocologist today. The minute I walk in, I realize that Im the only one in the waiting room NOT pregnant. Oh what joy that was. And these women werent just like 4 or 5 months pregnant...they were like 8 or 9 months pregnant. Every flipping one of them, swollen ankles and all. Now what kind of torture was that?? And if that isnt bad enough, the dang chimes started playing because a baby had just been born downstairs. So, yeah, Im a bit of a Debbie Downer right now, but I think that I have every reason to be. We are going on 23 months of TTC. Well, can we really count this month since I have to be on BCP? Im doing it anyway! Yeah, 23 months is a really long ass time. Too long. I know there are lots of others who have been trying for much longer, but it's still a really long time.

So on to my annual pap. So, the initial taking of info with the nurse...I had to fill them in on everything I had been through since the last time I was there. Yeah, HSG, Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy, Endo, shouldnt they have this shit in their records?? Apparantly not. Oh well. So, then I get to talk to my actual doctor. I do like him a lot and he has always made me feel comfortable (if that's possible in this situation). He asked how I was liking Dr. B, and what all have we been doing (again, info that he probably should have known considering their offices are just right down the hall from each other). So we talked. He gave me some good questions that I need to ask next time Im in too. Then he said as he was walking out the door, I really hope to see you again in a couple months for an OB appointment. And I said, yeah, me too and he actually gave me a hug. Which was really very comforting because that means that he really does care what is going on with his patients. And of course, he probably noticed I was on the verge of tears at one point. He actually felt human to me, which is rare with a doctor. So, needless to say, Im really glad that he is the one I get to say is my doctor.

DH and I's anniversary is tomorrow. Whoo hoo! 2 years and counting!! It has been a wonderful 2 years and we have been through a lot together. He is wonderful! He is my best friend and I really dont know what I would do without him. I couldnt have asked for anyone else!!

Alright, Im off to bed now. Sorry I didnt update last night, but I was pretty worn out after the weekend. I think Blaze has slept for 24 hours straight. It's been wonderful!! :)

2 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Just Me. said...

Oh, how I can't stand it when there's just too many pg women together and they start touching their tummies and they start going all mummy-talk!!

Happy Anniversary!!!