Saturday, July 26, 2008

Pretty excited :)

Im babysitting tonight. Which is great by the way! This is the first time that my brother has let me babysit (Blaze is the reason he didnt want his kids with me, which totally sucks, because as I said in an earlier post, he is awesome with kids). We have had fun. We went to Mickey D's for dinner (healthy, healthy) and played on the playground afterward. My niece and nephew both had a blast. They are now sound asleep in the other bedroom.

It's been fun trying to keep my nephew (who is 15 months) out of Blaze's water bowl. He has decided that whenever he sees water, he thinks that he can splash it everywhere. Blaze's water bowl gets pretty nasty because he drools so much, so you can just guess how fun that is to clean up. Blaze was a little too excited when they first got here, but has only knocked J down once. J has hit, pinched, poked, and layed on Blaze and he hasnt cared one bit. I havent had to worry about Blaze nipping/biting him or anything. It's awesome! So this just confirms my theory that he is going to be great with a baby in the house. Im sure that he is going to want to sleep with my niece (who is 4) when it is time to go to bed. In fact, he has already been in there once and laid on the bed.

So anyways...this is a great thing. This just keeps proving that he is going to be awesome with a little one. Im so past ready now that it just keeps getting harder and harder. This month wasnt that bad because I was on BCP. There wasnt any disappointment, just a lot of anticipation for AF to start so that I can get things rolling with IUI #2. And it all starts over again on Monday with the first ultrasound. I will definitely be keeping everyone up to date again. It's nice that I will pretty much know what to expect now with this cycle.

Oh and I think I read a post by someone else that said something about starting big projects during IF treatments, yeah, we fall into that category. Our deck is literally falling apart and we have waited waaaay too long to replace it, so we are in the process of finding out just when they are going to come and put a new one on the house. First payment is already sent (ouch) and now we are just waiting for them to call and let us know when they will be out so that we can tear the old one down, bust up concrete and get a nice, new, shiny deck. The savings is slowly dwindling down to very little backup in case of emergency. As Im sure that I am not the only one with this problem. However, the deck has to be replaced. It really is getting ready to fall apart (boards are starting to warp and the stairs are rotten beyond repair with concrete blocks holding them up). Im hoping the people call back very, very soon and can come out very, very soon. Until next time!

2 comments:

Just Me. said...

Ooh, the deck does sound like it needs to be replaced.

Yeah, i know all about the money dwindling...sigh.

I Believe in Miracles said...

I'm glad to hear you had a great time with niece and nephew. You sound like a great aunt!! I love that Blaze is so affectionate. Our dog pretty much just ignores kids until they stop dropping crumbs or their snacks, then she tries to steal them. It's actually somewhat amusing.

I'm hoping this IUI will be it for you!! And that despite dwindling savings, you'll get to enjoy your beautiful new deck.