Wednesday, July 9, 2008

So Im a Fat Cow??

Oh yes, I had the pleasure today of someone telling me "You know, you have gained some weight!" Then said, "you're pregnant aren't you??!!" How about, no Im not pregnant, but yes I have gained a few pounds in the past couple of years. I mean, I havent gained that much weight!! So she then tries to cover by saying, "well, you needed to gain that weight, you were too skinny". So, Im 5'8" and weigh 140 lb. Yeah, I could stand to tone up a bit and get rid of my love handles, but I didnt think it was that noticable. At least I dont look like I did when I graduated high school at 110 lb and I was 5'8". That was too damn skinny. However, I did have the nice flat tummy that I could show off my belly button ring :). (I dont have that anymore...lol) So, thank you very much for confirming my fatness....as if I didnt have enough things to think about in my life, now I have the added pleasure of being self-conscious. Wow.

Not much else going on in my little world in Southern Indiana. DH and I had a wonderful anniversary. He got me roses :) even though we had said we werent going to do anything. We went out to eat at Red Lobster when I got home from work and when we came back home, MIL and FIL were waiting on our front porch. Always so thoughtful! So, we spent a little time talking with them and then spent the rest of the night enjoying each other. It was really nice. However, I cant say that we didnt talk a little about our journey so far, especially within the past 8 months. Hubby is okay with this. I dont think that I overdue it, which is good.

On another note, Im ready for the weekend. Nothing special planned. Just ready to be able to sit and relax and enjoy my weekend. Hubby has been on vacation all this week, so he is doing things around the house during the day (when it's not raining...) and then we will be able to again enjoy each other this weekend.

By the way, my female parts have been messing with my mind even when they dont have to. My body is so completely screwed up right now, I dont think it understands what it's doing. I had stopped AF last Thursday and was totally clear on Friday and Saturday. Then, out of the blue, cramping Sunday morning (while still camping) and a nice wonderful day of AF again. I was crampy for the next couple of days too having to take some Ibuprofen to ease the pain. Talked to the Dr in Monday's appointment and he said not to worry that my body is probably just trying to readjust again (back on BCP if you hadnt read a recent post). So, unless I have a bad result from the pap come back, Im not going to worry, but has anyone else had this before? Just curious. Especially since this is the first time its ever happened to me. Well, off to dreamland, where my world is full of sunshine and babies...haha....not quite.

3 comments:

Just Me. said...

I hate hate hate it whenever people ask me that: ARE YOU PG? Arghs! H.A.T.E. that!

Sigh, that good old AF is just such a bitch.

I Believe in Miracles said...

Sorry about the weird AF. Thinking back to when I "first" got AF, I think I bled for 10 days, was off for a couple, and then bled some more. Maybe since your hormones are regulating themselves on BCP, it's affecting her behavior?

I'm really not one to talk, I spot for days (this time 5, the most I've had is 11) before AF actually hits.

Can I tell you how much I've love to be 140? That's my goal weight!! I'm 5'8" too.

I Believe in Miracles said...

Thanks for all the book recommendations!!! I'm going to take that list with me in case I need to find more. Yeah. :o)