Sunday, February 1, 2009

So what did you do this weekend?? Well...

This weekend was supposed to be a nice non-stressful weekend. But do they ever turn out that way when you would really like for them to? Of course not. Well, things were well until last night...

Friday night I didnt do too much, just mainly stayed in and tried to make a schedule for our guard practice Saturday. No big deal, nothing to stress over at all. I was just kind of glad that we did not have a contest because we hadnt been able to practice all week! (Damn ice!)

Saturday practice went well. We got a lot accomplished in our 7 hours! Lots of cleaning and fixing things. After practice, I was to meet my family at a really awesome restaurant that has the best fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn (one of those old country restaurants), for my dad's birthday which is on Tuesday. Meal went well, we visited, and we were off again to our seperate locations.

The restaurant is on a country road that of course, had not been totally cleared. I went around a corner not even 30 yards from the restaurant and slid. I couldnt have been going faster than about 25 at that moment, but I guess I hit the ice just right and couldnt get my control back. I slid sideways into the other lane right into a telephone pole. Luckily I hit right in front of my passenger side door.

Im alright. My neck hurts a little bit. I slammed into my console in between my seats and bent it a little bit, but other than that, Im fine. My SUV on the other hand, I think might have more damage than we thought last night. Of course, we could tell that my passenger side was pretty messed up (my door wont open all the way, and it doesnt close all the way either), but I noticed while driving it home (yeah, I drove it home) that there was a lot of air coming in on my driver's side. When I got home, I shut the door hard enough to make sure it was closed, and it isnt closing all the way. That could be really bad...Im a little worried.

The important thing is Im alright. The car can be fixed (hopefully). We will have to make a trip to the insurance agent tomorrow morning and take the car in to the shop :( Have to get a rental asap too.

6 comments:

Just Believing said...

Aw so sorry to hear about your accident but happy to hear that YOU are ok and that is what is important!

Here'es to a better week!

Anonymous said...

Oh yuck, sorry to hear about your accident. Not fun. Better ice your neck just to be safe.

PS Love the background

Sarah said...

Glad to hear you're okay....sorry about your car though. =/

Katie said...

Oh gosh, sorry about the accident Meg. I'm glad you're alright though.

I Believe in Miracles said...

Sorry about your car! Bummer.

Mel said...

Awwww! You poor thing. I'm so glad that you're alright. Winter accidents can be so scary. *hugs* Hope your insurance company hooks you up with a great rental and a nice big compensation check, too! :)