Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ready for Spring!!!

Here in the lovely Midwest, we have had the pleasure of dealing with snow for the past couple of days. No big deal right? Except for before the snow, came ice...and quite a bit of it. We have about an inch of ice beneath our 4 1/2 inches of snow. I know, I know, that may not sound like a lot, but when you mix it with ice, it's a bitch!! Most of the trees in our lovely city have suffered greatly. We have had people without power for over 24 hours now and they are saying that they may not have power through the weekend. Hopefully, it will start to thaw soon, but it isnt supposed to warm up until at least Saturday.

My poor tree has suffered too. We are going to have to cut it down this spring, which we knew might have to happen anyway, but it definitely has to go now. Here is a picture of our poor tree :(

You might not be able to tell by the pictures, but the tree is starting to get a little sparse in the limb department. Last year we had a pretty bad ice storm that took out a lot of branches too. We had some wind after a hurricane that brought down quite a few and now this. The poor tree has held up longer than I thought it would :) Once those big limbs come down, there wont be much left to look at, which is kind of disappointing, because it shades most of our backyard in the summer.

On to other things! We have not been able to practice at all this week, which is making me a little nervous. Luckily, we dont have a contest this Saturday, but still. Our next contest is the 7th and there was a lot that I would have liked to get done this week. Oh well! We have a nice long practice on Saturday!

On the IF front...my BCP's are making me feel like Im 15 again!! I am extremely broke out right now on my chin. And it sucks!! Not much I can do about it though. I guess I will have to suffer through it.

Not much else going on. Somewhat stranded because I dont like to get out with the icey roads if I dont have to (other than to go to work today). I do have 4 wheel drive, which is nice. It gets me where I need to go. Until next time!

1 comment:

Mel said...

I have to say first of all that I'm so happy that your contest went well! It's always satisfying to see how you've been able to teach a group of people things that someone prior has failed to...congrats on your success!

I'm ready for our winter to be over too! We've had plenty of snow this year, but thankfully haven't had to endure an ice storm like this. Wow! I can't even imagine what the roads must be like. Skating rinks perhaps? What does Blaze think of all the snow and ice? We had to cut down two big, old shade trees on our lot last summer and it was so sad! I can totally empathize with your loss. You'll have to plant something nice in its place.

Have a great weekend! *hugs*