Monday, January 26, 2009

Our first contest!!

So I just wanted everyone to know that we did pretty well this weekend. Especially since it was our first contest and most of the kids didnt really know what to expect. After looking back at the video, I realized it wasnt as bad as what I had originally thought. Of course, I am the biggest critic when it comes to my kids, and I am also the biggest perfectionist when it comes to my guard.

We placed 13th out of 20, which was really good considering they were up against some really great groups! However, the one thing that makes me extremely giddy (and Im not exaggerating about that) is the fact that the director that I have had some problems with for the past year or so (he used to be at our school in 2006/2007, but was fired) was also there. And (feeling sorry for his kids, because I can almost hear the speech he probably gave) they placed 20th. However, it makes me so excited to know that, really, he still sucks at writing/choreographing shows. Now, if I could just get my 3 juniors who are unhealthily attached to him to realize this, things would be right with the world.

Can I just say that I wanted to rub it in his face when I got the recap, but I was a bigger person. He even managed to get to my girls before I could talk to them and let them know what place they received. That did NOT make me happy, but I have to ignore it.

So Im happy with the end result. It was a really great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. I am glad everything went well. When is the next show?