Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Are we there yet??

Let me just say....I am exhausted! My mind has been going so many different directions for the past week and a half that I am just ready for a break. However, I wont get a break until after Saturday when my group performs at their first contest and I can stop worrying about whether or not I have actually prepared them for that moment. Well, it's almost to the point that I have done everything that I can do for now and it will be up to them to follow through.

I have a fairly young guard this winter. Young as in, inexperienced in performing in front of large crowds without the band behind them. Only 5 of my kids were in the fall program (which is actually just over half). So I'm hoping they dont freak out when they get in front of a large crowd.

Sorry that my last couple posts have been guard-related, but that seems to be what most of my "free" time is devoted to right now. Not too much to report on the TTC front. As usual. Did I mention that I hate BCP's?? They really messed up my system last month and it was not cool. Just ask hubby. He had been feeling a little deprived for literally the last few weeks (poor guy) :) You will be pleased to know that I think he is feeling better for the time being ;)

Okay....so Im gonna ask again if anyone has any good ideas for raising money to help with IVF costs. It might be a little selfish, but anything that I can do to contribute to our savings (or lack thereof at this point) would really help us out. So if you have any really good ideas, or just ideas in general, please throw them my way!! Thanks in advance! :)

2 comments:

Faith said...

I think it's wonderful that you choose to give your time to work with these girls, and love hearing about it. I've seen some girls do yard sales that seem to be successful -- sorry not to be more creative :(

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to wish you all the best for the performance on Saturday! Hope no one freaks out and everything works out as smooth as it can.