Thursday, January 8, 2009

I Want to Jump Up and Down and Scream................but I cant

So I turned 25 on Tuesday, January 6th. I dont feel any older. I'm not really sure what I am feeling right now. Numb? The start of the new year is supposed to make you feel re-energized and I have yet to feel that. Or did I just dream that up?

Anywho...my life is kind of blah right now. I am working hard to get my guard ready for their first contest on the 24th. Im definitely getting a little nervous. The class we are in is pretty competitive and I would just like to make it to State Finals (which is Top 20) this year. I really think we can do that too. We shall see!

So I think I am about the only one in the blogosphere who has not discussed my New Year's resolution(s). I honestly have not set any. Well, actually I take that back. I have had some in the back of my head, but have yet to have the time to start putting them to action. I am going to start going back to the gym on my off days from guard. However, this week I have had something to do with that every flipping night! Of course!

Another thing that I am going to work on is my cooking skills. I dont have the patience to fix a big meal...ever. It also doesnt help that hubby works 2nd shift and isnt home to eat dinner with me, so I feel that it is so pointless to make a nice meal for only me to enjoy. It's never as good the second time around!

That's pretty much it. I have no expectations for this year. 2008 was a Piece of Shit, so why would 2009 be any better. Especially when we dont have the money to throw into more treatment. My Negative Nancy is coming out tonight. She's bitter and rightfully so.

4 comments:

Faith said...

Great to hear that your guard is making progress!! Sounds like you're on your way to a great winter season. I hear you re the cooking -- DH travels a moderate amount, and when he's gone, I'm prone to eat cheese and crackers for dinner, ha ha!

Anonymous said...

I hope 2009 goes better for you than 2008. My insurance also covers 0% of the cost of infertility.

Mel said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, Meg. I'm so sorry that you're feeling blah right now. The snow and shorter daylight hours of our cold climates don't help any either, do they?

Thinking of you as you start this new year. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

I know what you mean, I dread my birthdays each year now, it's like another reminder of the passing timeframe that is infertility......
Hoping your wishes come true in 2009!

As far as cooking. I was a horrible cook and my Mom got me the Betty Crocker simple and easy cookbook. I started with that and got really really good. I highly recommend it. Don't try doing any Rachel Ray recipes-it will only frustrate. I love Rachel Ray, but her 30 minute recipes DO NOT take 30 minutes! And a lot of her stuff is home made sauces where I'm thinking, what the heck, I coulda popped open a jar of prego instead of spending 45 minutes concocting this??

Good luck!