Sunday, February 22, 2009

Welcome ICLW'ers!!!

I know, I'm a little late, but hey at least I'm here!! Right?? Right. I vow to fulfill my duties this week and make sure to get all of my comments done! So...on with it now :)

A little background...You will see some of it on my sidebar, but here is a rundown...

I married my best friend July 2006. We started TTC a couple months later, September to be exact! We, of course, have been TTC ever since. It's been 2 1/2 years now and we are down to the option of IVF. We have been through two cycles of IUI with injectables, both BFN's. I have had a laparoscopy/hysteroscopy to remove the wonderful endometriosis that was found on and behind my uterus. Not really sure when the IVF will be taking place as we have had a serious of extremely unfortunate events happen within the past month. We will now be spending the money that would have went toward IVF on a new truck for my hubby. If you go back a couple of posts, you will be able to read about our lovely events.

I am a Social Worker. I work on a Homeless Outreach Team and help individuals and families get back on their feet in whatever way that I can. Yes, this means I get to deal with some pretty irresponsible mothers at times and it is really beginning to get hard. I love my job, but not my place of employment, if that makes any sense. Im currently searching for other avenues.

I have a Great Dane. He is my baby! He is 3 years old and weighs 140 lbs. I promise you I will never have another breed again!! By the way...this is my spoiled baby :) Laying on the couch with his favorite toy.
I look forward to getting to know more bloggers!! Thanks for stopping by!!

5 comments:

Just Believing said...

Your the second person I Have see with ICLW what does it mean?

Nic said...

Your Grate Dane is lovely!! They commonly get crystals in their urine. They best thing is to put them on a prescription diet which will help to prevent it

Erin said...

Hi from ICLW. I love your Great Dane! He is very beautiful. I have an Airedale Terrier and I love that breed too but they are VERY energetic and crazy.

I feel like every time DH and I save enough money for something we want, something else happens and we have to put the money towards that. I know how much it sucks. Best of Luck!

Anonymous said...

Hey I just wanted to say that I hope things get better for you guys from here on out!! You have been thru so much lately!! Hope things turn around for you!!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Gorgeous Dane!

Once, years ago, I became friends with a social worker. My husband commented that the two words that guarantee that you will never make as much as you deserve are "social" and "worker." I don't know if there's any profession that's more overworked and underpaid. And, apparently, under-insured! Best wishes finding the $$ for IVF.