Tuesday, February 3, 2009

All natural?? Or stimulated??

That is the question that I have been posing to myself here lately. In regards to IVF by the way. I have been doing some reading on Natural IVF with just an HCG trigger to ovulate or going the normal/extremely expensive/no insurance coverage so I am giving both my arms and both my legs for payment route. I am of course still doing my research. I have actually found a Dr. who blogs who totally believes in Natural IVF and has had lots of success. My doctor however, does not do Natural IVF that I know of. Well, he doesnt advertise it anyway, so that pretty much leads me to believe that it's his way or you're screwed :)

So my next step is to email them and see what kind of response I get back regarding Natural IVF. I really think it could work just as well. Then you wouldn't have the risk of overstimulation and have all the embryos left over that you have to make a decision to get rid of or do whatever with. I dont know. I guess I'm just going to have to keep doing my research!

Im feeling pretty good after my wreck. I thought that I would be pretty sore yesterday, but I wasnt. The only thing that was even remotely sore was my neck. My legs and bum were sore, but that was from guard stuff on Saturday. Yeah, I actually had to teach something (dance stuff) at practice...lol. Other than that, I have felt pretty good.

So, the rental that I am driving is interesting. It's a Kia Rondo and if you dont know what that looks like click here. I dont really like the car, but it's a way to get around :) I hopefully will only have it for a week and then will have my SUV back. This car kind of reminds me of a station wagon, but a little shorter...lol.

So if anyone has any suggestions on the Natural vs. Stimulated IVF or a personal experience please send your info my way :) I am open to all opinions!! Thanks!!

6 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

No experience deciding, but have heard of someone doing more of a natural IVF and it just seems riskier in terms of going through procedures and monitoring for possibly not a lot of eggs - which in turn is not a lot of embryos. Hopefully someone else can give you feedback.
~~HUGS~~

I Believe in Miracles said...

Hey - check out L&F today. I posted your question, but for some reason the link to your blog wasn't included.

"Question: Megs is looking to find out any information regarding natural vs. stimulated IVF or a personal experience with deciding between the two. You can leave her a comment on this post."

http://lostandfoundandconnectionsabound.blogspot.com/

Megan said...

I don't have any experience with natural IVF, but it can't hurt to ask your RE his opinion.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, here from LFCA.

I have PCOS, so not sure how relevant this will be to you, but I've had 5 stimulated IVF cycles and 1 natural IVF (frozen embryo transfer). I have to say, personally prefer the stimulated cycles because the eggs can be retrieved and fertilised, ensuing in a stash of frozen embryos. Saving a bunch as FETs are a LOT cheaper for us.

Ironically, the last natural cycle, with my annoyingly unpredictable PCOS, I gots me over 20+ eggs, and post hcg-trigger, when I ovulated, I was in some kind of pelvic pain hell!

Now what a waste even if there were only 15 "viable" eggs, you know? BUT...I did fall pregnant (with assisted hatching this time, even though my embryos were ICSI'd) and m/c. Not sure if the pregnancy was random because I've had a few pregnancies.

Just my personal experience. Its something to try either way. My doctor will be doing another natural cycle frozen embryo transfer the next time.

good luck mate!!

Anonymous said...

I have no experience on the natural vs medicated IVF. But, I am glad that you are doing ok after the accident. Sounds scary!

Anonymous said...

Huh, I guess I don't know all that much about IVF since we aren't candidates for it...sorry I can't help you out there. Maybe on the Mommy Wanna Be Club page someone will know!

Glad you are ok.