Monday, February 23, 2009

Finally some good news!!!

So I finally heard back from our Insurance today. Hubby's truck is a total loss. We kind of figured it would be. Hubby also blue booked his truck the other night just to see what it should go for and it came out to about the same as what we still owed on the truck. So, I was expecting to come out even in this deal and have to start from scratch without anything to put toward another vehicle. Well, good news!! (for a change!) We will be coming out ahead :) whoo hoo!! Which means that we will have a little money to be able to put down toward another truck. Yay!! This is the first good news I have heard in a long time at this point!

So...we have been trying to price trucks and of course, hubby has his sights set on a particular one. Im really just not sure whether we will actually be able to afford it or not. We will just have to see.

I still need a change on the employment front. Now is just not the greatest time to be looking for another job. I just might have to stick it out for a while.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know! it seems like there should be good deals on cars and trucks right now, but i think that they are hard to find. :(

good luck!

VA Blondie said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. There is just something about a dane, isn't there?

Our Danes eat Eagle Pack dog food. Our boy dog had major issues with diarrhea, though it may have been related to his thyroid issues. Once we switched him to Eagle Pack and got his thyroid under control, we have had no problems. Eagle Pack dog food has a special food for large and giant breed dogs. From my research, it was tested on Danes, it also uses human grade ingredients. Our dogs love it.

The website is: http://www.eaglepack.com/
they tell you where you can buy it if you want to try it. It is on the expensive side, but we feel it is worth it.

(Sorry my message is so long, but a lot of info, I hope.)

Anonymous said...

I am glad that something good has come out of this whole thing!! Take care!!

Mel said...

Yipeee for good news! It's about darn time, right?! :) Hope that this trend of positiveness (is that even a word?) continues for you.

My hubby is in a similar situation to you on the job front. He's MISERABLE at his current place of employment, but has been forced to stick-it-out because of the economy. I know how much stress it's causing him, so I can't even imagine how you must be feeling. I'll keep you and that whole situation in my prayers for sure!

I *heart* the new pictures of Blazer. The one of him on the couch under the blankie?! Priceless. Glad we're not the only ones to submit our giant fur-son to those poses.

Michelle said...

Glad to here the good news about your truck. I hope things get better on the job front!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Last year our insurance wrote off our car after we were rear-ended. The kicker was it was still very drivable, just a dent in the trunk. We had two days to find a new car.

Beautiful Mess said...

YAY for some good news! Good luck finding a truck for your hubby. I love the picture of your dog below. Grate Danes are one of my favortie breeds. I've never owned one, though.
*ICLW*

StylinMom said...

good luck with everything...hopefully you will find something on both ends soon!

ICLW

m :)

nh said...

It's good news that you will come out ahead, and can start looking at new trucks.

Kristin said...

Glad you came out ahead withe the truck and the insurance. Good luck finding a replacement vehicle.

Jo said...

Yay! Good news is good news -- we will take what we can get some days.