Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Gearing Up...

I'm gearing up for the inevitable on Saturday. I'm hoping that all will go well, but I don't know. I am attending a baby shower. The good thing is that my mom will be there with me. I haven't been to a baby shower since last summer and the outcome was disastrous. If you would like to read about it, head on over here. It really was horrific and now that I look back at it, I think I pretty much made a complete fool of myself. It was a bad time. And getting my period the day of did not help the pain.

The good thing is that we will not be there for all that long. My mother and I have to head over to a bridal shower right after. Which I'm sure will make it a lot better. I should be alright. I have been doing pretty good with all the babies and pregnant ladies I have been around lately. In fact, I have two clients right now who are both pregnant. One is about to have her baby any day, the other is not due until the beginning of June. So, overall, I feel like I am handling my issues much better.

I still need to call my Dr.'s office and inform them it is going to be a while before IVF and I need to know what to do with the medication that I have left over. It would be really cool if they last longer than what the label actually says they do, because then maybe they will last until we decide we can afford to do IVF. We will see.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Ugh. I have a baby shower to go to on the 25th..or is it the 26th...aaaanyway, I REALLY, REALLY dont want to go. But I feel like I have to. I'm having a hard time just buying a gift for crying out loud.

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the baby shower. You are stronger than me. I just can't do them.

Anonymous said...

Ugh... baby showers are no fun. I hope time flies by when you are there. Wish you all the best!

Mel said...

Wishing you all the best for the baby shower, Meg. I'm not sure I even plan on attending/having one for myself. It's too painful to have women act all excited when deep down...there's still the memory of loss/empty arms.

I wonder if the doctor's office would ever be able to exchange unopened meds with further-out expir. dates? I'm sure someone in a cycle right now could use the stuff you have. Just a thought!

Sarah said...

So today is the day. I'll be thinking about you. Be strong. =)

Do you have someone that can call you with an "emergency" half way through it?

After you mentioned your meds expiring soon I had to check mine. Thankfully I have a little while. I think Mels idea is great, and it def couldnt hurt to ask your office about it.

Hugs!