Saturday, March 28, 2009

Just Been Thinking

I consider myself to be very fortunate in a way. I have never had to deal with a miscarriage in the almost 3 years of TTC. However, I guess that I could have been totally oblivious to the fact and not even realized what was happening, but I have never, and I repeat NEVER seen that second line on the HPT.

But when I read blogs about those who have had several miscarriages or even just one, it makes my heart hurt. I honestly can not even imagine how I would react if that were to happen to hubby and I. I really don't know that I would be able to function for a while. Hell, I'm pretty sure there would be a nervous breakdown involved.

On another note...I refigured how much it would cost us to go through with IVF and it comes out to about $12,000. That total includes my medications. Which, by the way, I still have an unopened box of a Gonal-F 300 pen and a box of cetritide. They are supposed to be expiring the end of July. I'm pretty sure we will not be able to do IVF by that time. I am going to have to figure out how to get some money back for that... :( Which I will then have to fork out yet again when we decide to do IVF.

I need to work on that Garage Sale I was wanting to have. I also need to come up with some other good money-raising ideas. So, Im asking again...does anyone have any good ideas?? :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, miscarriages are devastating. I do believe a mental break down followed mine.

It just sucks that fertility treatments are so expensive. I hope you are able to get the money you need.

'Murgdan' said...

I've been thinking about doing a garage sale too. I'm also selling a bunch of books on Amazon. I have an orchid collection worth about $2000 but it would break my heart to sell them...not that that helps you, unless you also have an orchid collection.

...I wish there were some easy way to raise money...

...Lottery?

Sarah said...

Honey, I've been trying to come up with some money making ideas for a while now....and I've got nothin. Nada, zero, zip, zilch.

Well....not anything legal anyway. =)

Faith said...

As if this journey isn't hard enough, the money part is never far from our thoughts, is it? I hope you and DH can work up the plan that's best for you guys.

Melissa Griffin said...

Hey about your medications.... My doctor told me that they are good up to one year after the date so if it says June 09 they can be used until June 10...ask your doctor to verify - but mine told me I could.

Anonymous said...

Sorry no ideas from me... but to chime in on the miscarriage thing. I have never seen two lines on a stick until my IVF#2-FET cycle. I really wished and hoped and envied all the ladies who were able to see it. I just wanted to see it once. But, I was wrong. What follows the two lines is what is most important. Going through the miscarriage was the most difficult thing I had to physcially undergo. And you are right...it was just devastating. I really pray and hope that you never ever ever have to go through that.