Monday, March 9, 2009

Finally living our lives again

We are finally living our life like we were before we decided to start TTC. Hubby and I realized just the other day that neither one of us has even really thought about TTC for at least the past few weeks. For, I think, the first time ever...I have absolutely no idea what day I am on for my cycle. And to tell you the truth...it feels really good. I could not have imagined it would ever be like this. We were both so engrossed with having a baby that we weren't making any time for us. And now that we have had our unfortunate events for the year, we have had to start over. A fresh start with finances. We are actually a little ahead at this point. Well...kind of. :)

We bought hubby a different truck. It's definitely a lot better than what I thought we would ever be able to afford, but the dealership worked with us and we had a little bit to put down from the insurance. We ended up getting hubby's dream truck pretty much :) A black 2007 Ford F-150 Crew cab (a lot bigger than what he had). Payments are about $10 more than what we were paying. He is happy.

We used a little bit of the money that we got back from taxes for a new tv and saved the rest for our roof we will be doing here before too long.

We have decided to go on a cruise next March with hubby's parents, sister and BIL, aunt, grandma, aunt and uncle, two other couples who are friends of the family and possibly a couple others. It should be pretty fun. We need a vacay sooner, but a cruise should be a blast!

Im still looking for different employment. It's not going so well. I know that now is not the most opportune time to be looking, but man, I need a new job! My immediate supervisor asked me if everything was alright the other day because I have been keeping to myself a lot. I didn't realize it was that obvious. So, I pretty much spelled it out for her about having issues with one of my coworkers. We will see if anything is done.

Sorry to have been MIA lately. Winterguard is over now. We didnt make it on to State Finals, but the kids had a wonderful season anyway :) I am extremely proud of them!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems like you guys just started!! I am glad that life is going better for you guys. Miss you!!

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you - it's so great and soooo much needed to take a break from TTC. We're also on a break and I can't tell you how it feels like such a weight has been lifted off of us. We actually have sex for fun now!

Anonymous said...

I meant on the just started comment to be for winterguard. sorry about that not very clear!!

Sarah said...

Good to hear from you, and glad to see that things are going well for you both.

=)

Faith said...

Breaks can be wonderful. Great news re the truck!!

Mel said...

I'm so proud of you, Meg. Taking a look from beyond all the energy and time that gets placed into "life pregnant or not pregnant" is NOT easy!

Oooohhhh...a cruise sounds like a FABULOUS idea! Can we come, too? :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing to not think of anything TTC for a while. It's just mind-boggling how much of our lives have been devoted to making a baby... sickening to a level even! I am glad that you are feeling better.