Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Anyone need some assvice?? Anyone??

So we all know that hubby and I are pretty much taking a nice long break at this moment right? Yes. Okay. Well, it seems that the rest of the universe has decided to start giving me assvice yet again. I don't think I can tell you how many times in the past week that I have had to hear..."you really just need to relax and not think about it." As if me saying that we are on a break opens up an invitation to give me all the assvice I never wanted. I mean come on.

Saturday was an interesting day. Hubby and I spent almost the entire day at one of his friends, celebrating his birthday. There was lots of beer and great food. I don't drink beer (gasp!), so while hubby is getting pretty much toasted at 4 in the afternoon, I have the pleasure of sitting with the mommy club and listening to all their complaints about kids these days. And yes, there were kids there. Several of them. I honestly felt like a complete outcast. I mean, who do I have to talk about other than Blaze? So...I have concluded that I would rather not do that any time soon again, unless there is some unexpected news for us. Ha!

Went to the grocery store last night. I would swear that every cracked out, pregnant chick was there. Normally, I do not mind this. But for some reason, last night really bugged me. Oh, you know, it might be because almost every single one of them had half of their big belly's hanging out from under their shirt. Thanks. I needed to see that.

Being a Social Worker I really shouldnt judge the ladies I saw last night, but seeing as how I pretty much know the signs when someone is using....it's a little hard not to.

I have a client who should be having her baby within the next couple of weeks. Im actually a little excited about it. She has been doing really well with everything and is trying to get her life back on track. Those are the clients I enjoy :) Especially when there is going to be a healthy, little girl at the end! Now, if we could just find her a car seat!!

3 comments:

Just Believing said...

Don't you hate all the " just relax" comments?!?!? UGH! You just wanna punch them sometimes! LOL ( ok not literally but you know!)

Melissa Griffin said...

That "Just Relax" shit is now getting out of control!!! I just read in several medical books - infertility is a medical condition and not caused by stress or anxiety and getting drunk and having sex is not going to fix it so next time someone tells you that - tell them to do their research before they open their mouth to an infertile. hahahah

Sarah said...

You know what I hate? I hate that I THOUGHT I had left you comments, and as it turns out.....I did not in fact leave you comments! Ugh.

Stupid people should keep their stupid thoughts to themselves. Stupid heads. Yea....I said it!