Saturday, April 18, 2009

Just how strong do you think I am?!?

Pretty damn strong it would seem! I kid you not, I am amazing myself these days! Please tell me if I am being a turd :)

I received a phone call Friday morning from one of my coworkers while on our weekly Outreach. We go under the bridges and through the woods, but not to Grandma's house. Nope, we find our clients/possible clients who are staying out on the streets on Friday mornings to make sure they are doing alright. So on with it...

The phone call that I had been waiting to get for a couple of weeks. My client was in the hospital in labor. She didn't call me (how dare her), but it's all good. So...after Outreach I headed to the hospital. She had already been given an epidural and had stopped dilating at 5cm. The doctor came in to explain her options (she had been in labor since about 11 the night before and her water had broke around midnight). He suggested they prep for a c-section, so they did. The baby was born around 1:30ish. I had left and then went back after work.

The baby is b-e-a-utiful. Absolutely adorable. She wanted me to come back today, yes, on the weekend (gasp), so I did. I was only the second person to visit her today, which is really sad. Her crazy mother (whom she didnt want to be there) was there after she had the baby. I swear she would not put that baby down and kept making her cry...not cool.

The nurses have been wonderful with my client. The ones from the nursery even brought her an adorable diaper bag filled with LOTS of goodies. And of course, I was asked if I would come back again tomorrow. How can I say no? The baby has stolen my heart with her little chubby cheeks and full head of black hair :)

**of course, it has me dreaming about the day that I will be the one with the brand new baby in the hospital... maybe one of these days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you have endo and need help, here are some great sites

centerforendo.com

endometriosissurgeon.com

endoexcision.com

pelvicpain.com

naprotechnology.com (see surgery section)

endo101.com

erc.activboard.com/

johnleemd.com

fertilitycare.org

omsoul.com

endometriosis.org

http://www.endofound2009.org/index.php

endo-resolved.com

Anonymous said...

You're a better person than me...

Sarah said...

Oh sweetie, you are a much stronger person then I will ever be.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're going back, I've learned that sometime we have to put our own feeling aside in order to help someone else.

I kept a newborn for 5 months until her mother was released from prison and it was so hard for me to let her go. Especially knowing that I would never see her again. Someone had to do it, right?