Tuesday, September 2, 2008

We are back from yet another wonderful weekend of camping. I dont have many pictures to post from this trip because I just didnt take that many, but what I do have, I will post here in a bit! :)

So the major thing that I hate about camping is when you get home, the laundry is horrible! Not only does EVERYTHING smell like campfire, but you have to wash pretty much everything that you took with you when you get home. Therefore, I am still doing laundry well through the week following our weekend. So, yes, the laundry is still waiting for me as I write...


This is my baby (Blaze) during one of our nice long walks. So to answer a couple questions from my last post, yes Blaze goes with us, and yes he loves camping. Well at least I think he does. He is always so worn out by the end of our weekend all he wants to do is sleep. And the guy way up in the distance...that's my hubby and his sexy butt ;) And yes, when we go on trails, Blaze is so good about staying with us he doesn't have to stay on his leash.


This is Blaze after our hike on Saturday. He still had several walks to get through for the rest of the weekend. He tuckers out so quickly :) The funny part is by the time we go to bed he is so ready for sleep that he practically begs us to go to bed earlier. We cheat with our camping too, we have a pop-up camper (that we bought for really cheap from a family friend) with air conditioning. So we sometimes take him in during the really hot days to cool off a little in the air. Poor guy has an all black coat. We have definitely had our fair share of tent camping too, I promise! We had to buy an 8 person tent a few years ago because Blaze was closterphobic (sp?) in our 4 person. That was not a fun weekend!

Oh yes...I got to see my "friend" (the one that I broke down at her baby shower back in June) while camping. She had her baby. He is 3 weeks old. They came down just for the night I think to stay with her in-laws. It was awkward. Didnt really know what to say to her. Especially when she told me that she has Postpartum Depression and cries all the time. I told her join the crowd, only mine isnt from having a baby, obviously. She was telling me about how little sleep she gets at night and that she doesnt ever want to take him anywhere for fear of exposing him to germs. I just listened. All I could really say was he was beautiful.

And that's that. Im all out of things to talk about! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lord-you know you are going to have to call me to elaborate on that story.

I Believe in Miracles said...

Want to recount the story about the claustrophobic Blaze?? I wondered how he fit in a tent. I do love how the dogs get completely worn out. It's awesome.

I hear you on the laundry -and everything smelling like smoke, moist, etc. Hubby is super good about doing that for me. :o)

Sorry about your friend. That just seemed like a rough gig. Although it sounds like you did pretty well.

*HUGS*

Whitney said...

My dog baby likes to go camping too! She acts differently when we're camping, she just wants to cuddle all night long. We bought our dog a backpack so she can carry her own doggy treats and water. It's so cute on her.

Anonymous said...

I don't know this friend, do I? I don't think so. I am sure post partum depression sucks. Prepartum depression sucks a lot worse, IMHO. I swear to God I am NOT going to get ppd because all I have to do is remember back to how badly I wanted this baby, and I should snap out of it. Tell her to pop some Zoloft.